Author Topic: How Do I Make Voice Attack Listen Without Requiring Initial Silence  (Read 2092 times)

dryh2o

Greetings, all. I would like to know if it's possible, and if so how, to make Voice Attack listen to me without requiring a pause before recognition of the command.

To clarify, Voice Attack requires a brief moment of silence before any command. If there's more than mild background noise, it doesn't pick up my command. If I'm talking to myself, which I usually am, and I speak the command without pausing for just a second, it won't recognize the command. If the command is "equip grenades" and I am talking to myself and say, "well, crap, he's going to come over - oh no - equip grenades!" it won't be recognized. If I instead say, "well, crap, he's going to come over - oh no," then pause for just a second and then finish with, "equip grenades!" the command is heard and executed. I'd love to eliminate that required pause if possible.

Sorry to be so over-descriptive. I've searched for how to do this but I can't seem to narrow the search enough or the keywords I am using, like pause, are interpreted as a pause in the execution of a script.

Thanks in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How Do I Make Voice Attack Listen Without Requiring Initial Silence
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2017, 01:50:38 PM »
At best you could use wildcards so your commands could potentially be recognized as part of a sentence(E.G. "*equip grenades*" could be recognized in your example), however recognition accuracy would likely be an issue(as it relies on the speech engine doing freeform recognition without context, rather than trying to match a given list of strings).

You could try push-to-talk, but even then you'd likely still have to pause a second to get accurate recognition(and it probably breaks your "flow" even more having to hit a button first).

You have to keep in mind that speech recognition is ridiculously difficult for computers, and filtering relevant information is something even humans have trouble with.