Author Topic: Multiple Prefixes  (Read 3160 times)

blueknight

Multiple Prefixes
« on: October 27, 2017, 09:50:11 PM »
I am wondering if I can have multiple prefixes to a suffix.

I want to be able to create functions in the suffix based on where the command came from.
Example; Distance would give measurement, Navigate would use same information but would actually do something That way i could pass a variable depending on what Prefix was used and have different actions.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Multiple Prefixes
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 11:48:55 PM »
If I understand what you're trying to do correctly, that's what the prefix/suffix system is designed for: You can have as many combinations of prefix and suffix as you'd like.

E.G.
PrefixesSuffixes
Navigate to Location 1
Where is Location 2
What is the history ofLocation 3

Means you can speak "Navigate to Location 2", or "Where is Location 1", etc...

Do make sure the prefixes and suffixes you wish to use together are in the same group(this can be set using the "Prefix/suffix group" dropdown at the bottom left of the "Add/Edit a Command" window, right below where you make a command a prefix or suffix).

Also note that combinations must use one of each on either side. E.G. "Navigate to Where is Location 3", or "What is the history of Location 1 Location 2" cannot work.
You can use dynamic command sections in prefixes and suffixes for added flexibility, however.

johnliem

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 10:10:53 AM »
This is very intersting, but it seem so complicated for me, wll it be possible to make a youtube video how to do that for an example, thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2017, 07:04:32 AM »
I'd advise looking into the "7 - Command Type" section on page 26 of VoiceAttackHelp.pdf.

If you want to use either side of prefix/suffix in a condition, look into the "{PREFIX}" and "{SUFFIX}" tokens(VoiceAttackHelp.pdf page 119).

johnliem

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2017, 08:50:36 AM »
Thanks I will take a look.