Author Topic: Screen Size  (Read 2159 times)

popalu

Screen Size
« on: October 12, 2017, 07:05:02 AM »
I use VA mainly on my PC at home with 3 x 27" screens, so no issues, but recently installed on my laptop, so can tinker with profiles when out and about, but I have noticed that the screen size does not fit on my laptop and I cannot see some options\commands

I have searched the Settings to find screen set-up, but it only goes from Normal to Large Text, is there anyway you could offer a smaller option, which shrinks the screens down. I am not going blind yet, so this would be a solution.

I have attached a couple of screen grabs, showing what I see, missing options, missing OK and Cancel buttons and missing options to assign Prefix/Suffix to a group. I have to grab the header of the screen and drag it up to the top of the screen, so that can see the top of the buttons to press, no issues at home, just when on the move

EDIT by Pfeil: Various VoiceAttack windows have been modified to be less tall but wider
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:37:30 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Screen Size
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:20:16 PM »
Hi, poplau.

I have it on the books to make VA's screens more horizontal, but there is no ETA on this.  What is happening is when the screen size is too small (you should get a little warning somewhere about that), Windows will mush the window down in an unexpected fashion.  In your case, it's mushing up the middle where you can't see it.  The only workaround right now is to use a larger resolution, unfortunately :(