Author Topic: E:D tool to autofill config with secondary keyboard inputs?  (Read 2205 times)

Teutonicus

E:D tool to autofill config with secondary keyboard inputs?
« on: October 09, 2017, 03:44:54 AM »
hello there,

since VA requires keyboard strokes to work with elite... i there a tool where i can import my elite config and it inserts random alternate keyboard keys?
yes i'm lazy in this case, and i thought i've seen something like that a while ago, but i can't find it again, or i misunderstood it.

thanks in advance,
T
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 04:22:38 AM by Teutonicus »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: E:D tool to autofill config with secondary keyboard inputs?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 06:06:52 AM »
Not sure what you mean by
inserts random alternate keyboard keys?
But there is this plugin, which should parse your Elite: Dangerous .binds file to VoiceAttack variables, that you can then use in command actions(E.G. for sending keypresses).

Teutonicus

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 08:15:52 AM »
i thought i still need some keyboard bindings even with edbind, guess i missunderstood something then. so i'm good to go  and start "working". thanks for the help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 08:30:58 AM »
i thought i still need some keyboard bindings even with edbind, guess i missunderstood something then. so i'm good to go  and start "working".
Ah, now I understand why you'd want random keybinds assigned.

The misunderstanding is on my side in that case, as, yes, you'd still need to set up keybinds for the functions you want ingame for bindED to work.
As the game doesn't offer a more direct way(I.E. an API) for triggering actions, VoiceAttack must send keyboard buttons instead.

Teutonicus

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 10:40:55 AM »
oh fk...

so no tool. damn