Author Topic: Diable open mic permanently  (Read 2862 times)

Valethar

Diable open mic permanently
« on: October 01, 2017, 10:47:43 PM »
Is there a way to permanently disable VA from using an open mic to listen for commands?  I don't ever want it to 'listen' unless I've hit the activation key to enable it listening.

For some reason VA likes to randomly activate itself and goes into FUBAR mode because it thinks I'm giving commands when I'm not.

Is it possible that the scripts I'm using are doing this?  Currently using the HCS voice packs with Elite Dangerous, so I may have to look at those and ensure there's not something there that's activating the listen mode when I'm not actively holding the key to do so.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Diable open mic permanently
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 12:06:56 AM »
Is there an entry in the log to indicate which command is turning listening back on?

VoiceAttack has to listen even when the option is "off" to enable commands to turn listening back on. However, only commands that have a "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" action at the the very top of their action list will be executed by voice recognition.

Whether a script within a voice pack is turning listening on is something you'll have to ask HCS Voice Packs.