Author Topic: DCS Gazelle Profile  (Read 5239 times)

RCflyer

DCS Gazelle Profile
« on: August 05, 2017, 03:33:06 PM »
I have prepared a VA profile for the DCS Gazelle.  The profile contains voice commands for all of the default keyboard assignments that were provided for the Gazelle.  This nothing fancy, just simple voice commands for the "default" keyboard assignments.

If anyone has a profile section to allow direct entry of frequency data into the radios (com, nav, dme, adf, etc.) for the Gazelle I would appreciate your sharing it with me.

I hope this profile is useful.

Regards,

Danny

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: DCS Gazelle Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 04:15:28 PM »
If I may, something that could be of use to you:
For DCS aircraft that off switch up/down binds, you can use a known limit of the control to set an absolute state.
E.G.
Anti collision light [on;off]
Code: [Select]
Press Left Shift+S keys and hold for 0,01 seconds and release
Press Left Shift+S keys and hold for 0,01 seconds and release
Begin Text Compare : [{CMD}] Contains 'off'
    Press S key and hold for 0,01 seconds and release
End Condition
Where Left Shift+S is mapped to "Strobe Lights Up" and S is mapped to "Strobe Lights Down"(not sure if those are the defaults).

When turning them on, The switch is moved up twice, in case it was in the lowest position. When turning them off, this is followed by moving the switch down once, as it can be assumed it had previously been placed in the upmost position.
All this happens within ~30ms, so it's not a noticeable additional delay, and it ensures the resulting switch position is always as commanded.

You can also hold down keys for certain functions:
[Engage;Release;] Rotor brake
Code: [Select]
Begin Text Compare : [{CMD}] Starts With 'Release'
    Press Home key and hold for 1 second and release
Else
    Press End key and hold for 1,2 seconds and release
End Condition
In case of the rotor brake specifically, as it is spring loaded, the button must be held down long enough to lock it into position, otherwise it will reset.

As a side note, I believe the command "rioof lamp increase" may contain a typo.

RCflyer

Re: DCS Gazelle Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
Thanks for the comments and information.  I am new with VA profiles, so, getting more information is good.

Danny