Author Topic: Setup exe No Go  (Read 4598 times)

Richard

Setup exe No Go
« on: July 04, 2017, 11:31:15 AM »
I'm stopped at setup.exe by window asking for User Information:
User Name, Organization, Serial Number

I've checked box in VA icon Properties to run as administrator, but I still get stopped at this screen.
What serial number does it want? Running Windows 10.

Thanks in advance :o

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Setup exe No Go
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 12:17:33 PM »
VoiceAttack doesn't ask for a serial number during the setup, are you trying to install a voice pack?

If you're installing a HCS Voice Pack, you're best of enquiring on their forum, though it's worth noting their products do require purchase of a license through their store to use, as they are a 3rd party developer.

mIRCon

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 03:03:40 PM »
I'm stopped at setup.exe by window asking for User Information:
User Name, Organization, Serial Number

I've checked box in VA icon Properties to run as administrator, but I still get stopped at this screen.
What serial number does it want? Running Windows 10.

Thanks in advance :o

Pfeil guessed right - it's HCS Voice Pack related question, not Voice Attack.

So, the answer is pretty simple - when you click your download link for HCS Voice Pack it will lead you to the download page and among the text on the page there will be listed Voice Pack's name and Serial number. Copy that number and enter it into the setup. You can skip Organization field since it's an optional one and not required unlike serial number. When using copy/paste be sure to check for unwanted spaces before and after serial number or it won't work and let you click next.

Richard

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 12:31:05 PM »
Thanks, I figured somebody on this forum would be acquainted with HCS Voicepack since they also refer to this forum for support questions. I was just stymied about which serial number or key was being requested. Ta