Author Topic: [Solved] Lost TTS in VA with ED  (Read 3214 times)

TheGrayFox

[Solved] Lost TTS in VA with ED
« on: June 25, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
Howdy all,

Just thought I'd share on the odd chance (highly unlikely) someone comes along that is still using an old Logitech G35 headset (yes, I know...) and has issues with TTS in VA.  This problem involves a very narrow set of circumstances so I'm probably the only person in the world it affected...lol.

The issue was I suddenly lost TTS in VA while playing Elite Dangerous through my G35 headset.  I could see VA was actually playing the TTS but it couldn't be heard. BTW, this was on Win7 Professional 64bit.  I can't say for sure the exact cause but this is what I did to fix it.

<TL;DR
I was using the software that Logitech put out for the G35 headset. I'm not talking about the Logitech Gaming Software (LGS). I'm referring to a standalone app specifically designed to give G35 headsets their 7.1 Surround.  I uninstalled that.

I disconnected my headphones and used USBDeview to uninstall every instance of G35 I found. I also uninstalled every instance I found for G110, an old Logitech keyboard I once used but have since replaced with an Orion Spectrum. Yes, also Logitech.

I re-attached my headset. I downloaded the latest version of the LGS and installed it. It found my G35 headset when it updated so I now have my virtual 7.1 back. Only this time I can run ED and still hear TTS from VA.
/TL;DR>

I'm not sure why it suddenly started giving trouble. If I played any other game, everything was fine.  Initially, I thought it was something with ED but then I discovered that TTS from VA worked fine through my speakers if I used them with ED. It was only when using my headset that TTS would not work.

Also, while the interface used by the G35 standalone app is different from what you find in the LGS for the headset, there is only one thing the app offers that LGS doesn't - voice morphing.  All other headphone settings can be done from the LGS software.  I never use voice morphing so I've not lost anything.

Anyway, even though everything is working again, I've finally decided it's way past time to upgrade the headset. I'm checking out what's on the market now and doing the research to see what I think will suit me best.