Author Topic: Voice attack for ps4  (Read 11031 times)

Wes

Voice attack for ps4
« on: June 11, 2017, 05:25:07 AM »
Hi All

Can anyone comment on if voice attack will ever be adapted for the ps4? I'm sure many ps4 owners out there would love to be able to use voice for Elite Dangerous for example. I certainly would.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Voice attack for ps4
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:05:16 PM »
Unlikely to be honest, unless the PS4 already has a speech recognition engine that can be used

Wes

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 03:00:32 AM »
Thanks for your reply man  :) Yeah the ps4 does have speech recognition. So far it can be used for controlling various menu functions and it was used in the last Tomb Raider game.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 05:51:48 AM »
That WOULD be pretty sweet to have VA available on other platforms. Hopefully Gary will weigh in on this.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 06:39:52 AM »
It would be interesting to have that kind of application on the PS4.  I don't own one (I have an XBox), so, can you run multiple, simultaneous apps with the PS4?

Wes

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 12:19:21 PM »
Hi Gary!!

Thanks so much for your input. So I just did a test and opened the voice attack website on the ps4's browser without closing or interrupting an active game session at all. However to run the youtube app the game session needed to be suspended but not shutdown totally. Does this help? Sorry I don't know a great deal about the magical scientific backend of these systems :-) I'm just a voice attack fan and hope I can get the right folks thinking about adapting this product for us ps4 guys.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 12:59:19 PM »
Hi Gary!!

Thanks so much for your input. So I just did a test and opened the voice attack website on the ps4's browser without closing or interrupting an active game session at all. However to run the youtube app the game session needed to be suspended but not shutdown totally. Does this help? Sorry I don't know a great deal about the magical scientific backend of these systems :-) I'm just a voice attack fan and hope I can get the right folks thinking about adapting this product for us ps4 guys.

That sounds like a "not really possible" situation then. Similar to Xbox One (especially when they removed the Snap feature)

mdkay369

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 10:25:39 PM »
Thing is, certain app can be used simultaneously on the PS4. The most notable example is Spotify. What that seems to imply is that the ps4 certainly has the capacity for simultaneous app use it just doesn't allow all apps to do so for any number of reasons. Maybe if voice attack just asks nicely?  ;D

Can you tell how badly I want voice attack on the ps4? 

DanTheMan777

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2019, 10:58:22 AM »
Hi All

Can anyone comment on if voice attack will ever be adapted for the ps4? I'm sure many ps4 owners out there would love to be able to use voice for Elite Dangerous for example. I certainly would.

Yes there is. You'll need an extra peripheral along with a computer that can run some accompanying scripting software (the software is only lightweight so pretty much anything with Windows will run it). It converts a variety of different input types into ones that the console will recognise. The peripherals tend to look like memory sticks and will require a USB connection to both your PS4 controller and an accompanying PC (I'm fairly certain that the modern versions are compatible with wireless USB adaptors). It makes a lot more sense when you see it in action. I use the Titan One along with my voice recognition software and it works perfectly (I have yet to use it with VA as I only recently purchased VA but I see no reason why it should behave any differently).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:07:29 AM by DanTheMan777 »

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 08:14:25 AM »
@DanTheMan77 would you mind expanding more on your setup and how this works?