Author Topic: iRacing wav Files  (Read 3426 times)

RobMelone

iRacing wav Files
« on: May 24, 2017, 09:20:58 AM »
Had to re-install Voice Attack due to a hard drive issue causing it to be replaced. I had iRacing wav files that would confirm certain commands that it did. Does anybody know where I can get those or if they are even still applicable? It's not a big deal but I sure liked hearing the confirmation.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: iRacing wav Files
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2017, 03:45:38 PM »
If the sound files themselves aren't in one of the games' directories, they're likely compressed into a (possibly proprietary) container file, so you can't use them directly. They'd also be the property of the game studio, so not something that can be uploaded anywhere legally.

There are some 3rd party spotter sound packs, perhaps they contain some useful sounds.

regal2600

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 03:07:35 PM »
Rob,
Did you find the .wav files?  I started a thread in the iRacing forum a couple of years ago that introduced VA along with documentation on how to use it with iRacing and the profile I made and the .wav files to go with it.  Give me a shout if you still need help.   :D

mdonlan

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 08:22:59 AM »
I do have some questions. First, do you have an iRacing profile that you could send to me? Second, I have been working with VA trying to setup everything. I have been unable to figure out how to send a text chat message, such as "Thanks!", "Sorry", etc. Any help that you can give to me would be appreciated.

Also, any pointers that you have to get it up to speed would really be appreciated. In case it would be helpful, my e-mail address is mdonlan@frontier.com.

Thanks so much for your help!

Mike