Author Topic: Stopped Working  (Read 2384 times)

popalu

Stopped Working
« on: April 13, 2017, 10:48:14 AM »
Hi,

I have used VA for a while for ED, but not played in a long time, due to work, but new update is out, so I downloaded it, updated VA to the latest version and off I went

Now commands in my profile are being ignored or the keyboard is not issuing commands to the game. Has something fundamentally changed in VA for this to happen, like I said I am talking about 4 months since I last used and up to then, the profile was working perfectly, but no longer

Any ideas on what to check?

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Stopped Working
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2017, 11:28:52 AM »
Which version did you update from? Are you using a voice pack, or did you build a profile yourself?

Have you checked whether keypresses are sent by running notepad and executing commands?

popalu

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
Cant remember last updated pack from, just to latest release version

My own voicepack, built using an ivona voice. It worked fine until I updated the game and VA

The commands are recognised, as it talks back, its set for active window and the key setting profile is loaded in ED, so I know I am using the same keys for commands

I will try notepad and see if the keys are being sent

popalu

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2017, 12:35:43 PM »
OK, some commands are coming through to notes, most are not, nothing wrong with headphones/mic, not sure what it is

Is there a set-up for keyboard commands or known conflicts with software?

Running W10 Pro, fully updated

uninstalled VA and reinstalled, in case ED update changed something and all seems to be working properly now. Something with the updated ED did something, but all seems to be working again.

When I finish this profile, I will release, but it is massive in size, around 700mb with all the sound files!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 01:11:29 PM by popalu »