Author Topic: Commands stop when switching profile  (Read 3179 times)

Dreossk

Commands stop when switching profile
« on: March 29, 2017, 10:05:10 AM »
Hello,

Fabulous product!

I'm trying to fiddle with the new include feature. I have multiple profiles and I want commands to switch between them and to know which one I'm currently using.

The switch is pretty simple:
- Change to profile X
- Say "Profile X"

It worked fine before when I had these commands duplicate in all the profiles but since the include it seems there is a problem. It now switches to the profile and then the log says "Stopped command switch profile X" and the voice doesn't say anything. If I put the "Say profil X" first it still doesn't say anything and then switches.

One thing that works is:
- Say "Profile X"
- Pause 2 seconds
- Change to profile X

But it's a pretty poor fix and I have to wait before being able to use the profile.

Is there an other way to do that kind of global profile switching?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Commands stop when switching profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2017, 11:24:09 AM »
If it worked fine before, which version of VoiceAttack were you using? I went through my archive, and the latest version I have that this still works with is v1.5.8, in v1.5.12 it doesn't(I don't have any intermediate versions to test with).

You can check the "Wait until speech completes before continuing command" option for the "Say Something with
Text-To-Speech" action, which will "pause" automatically as long as TTS is speaking, to minimize the delay before switching profiles.

Otherwise, you could put a command into your profiles that's triggered on profile load. It's not illogical for the profile you're switching away from to stop executing when the other one loads, in my opinion.

Dreossk

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2017, 11:43:39 AM »
I have 1.6.2.

Thanks for the tips, I'll try that out.

RavenDT

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 09:07:45 PM »
I just encountered the same issue as Dreossk mentioned.  I had everything working perfectly in v1.6.7, but as soon as I updated to v1.7.5, I started having the issue.

When using voice activation to switch profiles, the profile switches, but the text-to-speech never fires, and the console says: Stopped command, 'Switch to Profile 1'

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 03:15:54 AM »
How is your command set up? Do you have the "Wait until speech completes before continuing command" option checked?

Switching profiles should be the last action in the command.