Author Topic: Issue Loading 2.2 Astra Full House - Path string variable  (Read 8151 times)

max_hs

Issue Loading 2.2 Astra Full House - Path string variable
« on: March 28, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
Trying to load this voice file, I get the following:

HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader - Unable to locate Elite Dangerous Journal Log Directory.  Please supply via string variable 'EliteDangerousJournalPath'

I'm running VoiceAttack v1.6.2 in Admin mode.

Anyone know how/where I supply the  string variable 'EliteDangerousJournalPath'?

Thanks in advance.

Max

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Issue Loading 2.2 Astra Full House - Path string variable
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2017, 03:19:34 PM »
This topic suggests it could be in a command named " .Profile Start Up > Run Journal ". If the voicepack came with an installer, I would think it should've set that path for you.

Though, for HCS related questions, you're probably best off at their forum.

max_hs

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2017, 07:50:35 PM »
Thanks, Pfeil,

Your suggestions got me past the error.
    I added as a text variable the path to the log file in the .Profile Startup -> Run Journal command.

I'm also seeing another issue (which I may need to go the HCS forum for help).   When I run the script I get the message:   "bindED Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any ideas would be appreciated.

max

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2017, 08:21:15 PM »
"bindED Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
The plugin is throwing an exception, which means a situation has arisen that the plugin is not set up to handle gracefully, so it cannot work correctly.

It's likely a configuration issue, I.E. something went wrong with your specific installation rather than a general issue, as I can't find any references to this issue in relation to HCS, or even bindED.

Did you have a working voicepack before at some point, or has it never worked?

Either way, it seems to me like something may have gone awry at some point during the setup, so you may want to try reinstalling the pack.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
Thanks, Pfeil,

Your suggestions got me past the error.
    I added as a text variable the path to the log file in the .Profile Startup -> Run Journal command.

I'm also seeing another issue (which I may need to go the HCS forum for help).   When I run the script I get the message:   "bindED Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Any ideas would be appreciated.

max

If I remember correctly, this happens when you don't have a custom .binds file available to read.

To quickly generate one, you can edit a single command in Elite Dangerous, apply the change, then change it back (and apply the change)... and this will give you a .binds file that the plugin can read.

max_hs

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2017, 12:40:53 PM »
Thanks, for the help guys!

The issue may be that I run Elite Dangerous in a normal user account and start voiceattack as an admin. 

I tried creating the same path C:\Users\admin\AppData\Local\Frontier Development\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings in the admin account and copy my current .binds file in to the folder but still see the same issue.

Voiceattack seems to works fine in spite of the error so maybe I just ignore it until I run into a failure mode.

Thanks again.

lausianne

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »
Exactly the same issue for me. When running VA as normal user, everything loads fine, no error message. But some keys don't work. Starting VA as admin, I get the described errors. Still, all seems to work fine. I did not try the journal features yet, though. I'm sure they are good for something.

There is no journal entry in the profile (Verity Full house).

lausianne

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2017, 06:18:19 AM »
max_hs: "I added as a text variable the path to the log file in the .Profile Startup -> Run Journal command."

Would you mind sharing how exactly you have done this? I tried various methods, no luck.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 01:55:38 AM »
The new profiles will not work without the plugins so you will need to set them up. Head over to the HCS forums if you have any issues.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

max_hs

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
TheThingIs --  How do I post on the HCS Forums?  I see no way to either reply to a post or start a new thread??

lausianne --  added as a text variable the path to the log file in the .Profile Startup -> Run Journal command.""

1)  Edit Profile
  2)  right click on {{Run Journal}} under -.Profile Startup.  and select Edit
  3)  click the "Other >" button "Advanced" and select "Set a Text Value"
  4) Variable Name use EliteDangerousJournalPath
  5) Set Text Value to path to log file i.e.: c:\user\lyouroginname\Saved Games\Frontier Development\Elite Dangerous

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 07:12:04 PM »
create an account and log in maybe? :)
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

max_hs

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2017, 08:09:32 AM »
I have done both.  Find me in the member list.   :D