Author Topic: Xbox One Controller wireless/wired hotkey issue  (Read 3411 times)

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
Xbox One Controller wireless/wired hotkey issue
« on: February 21, 2017, 08:53:56 PM »
I noticed that my PC treats my wireless XBOX One controller as 2 different devices depending on whether the controller is connected wirelessly or via the charging cable. This also appears to cause VoiceAttack to stop recognizing the controller's global listen hotkey if I switch between wireless and wired connections.

I can identify both "connection modes" for the controller as "Joystick 1" and "Joystick 2," but I can only use one of the joysticks for creating my controller listen hotkey.

Does anyone else experience this issue with an XBOX One controller? Would it be possible to have options to set controller hotkeys for both Joystick 1 and Joystick 2?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Xbox One Controller wireless/wired hotkey issue
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 08:44:05 AM »
The only workaround I can think of for that is to create commands that start/stop listening using joystick buttons as shortcuts.  Of course, if this is with the XBox controller I'm not sure if this will work given the current state.

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 10:40:21 AM »
By "current state" are you referring to the other issue I pointed out (http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=942.0) related to the XBox One controller global hotkey only working with VoiceAttack in focus?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 12:26:30 PM »
Yes