Author Topic: Voice Attack works well but other things dont...  (Read 2287 times)

Pfolsgrofb

Voice Attack works well but other things dont...
« on: February 21, 2017, 03:04:47 PM »
Okay So first off let me say it works great! I am using it for Ark: Survival Evolved. And I set up one command. Auto run. Which just consists of Shift+W. I have it set to run until I press W again and then it stops. Works great as is. But now after I use a command, I can no longer use the windows key. On my separate monitor, while browsing in chrome, if I click a link or tab, it opens in a new window. I use the windows key sometimes to get back to the desktop So I'd like to be able to keep the functionality of it. I also don't want 27 tabs. I can also not use my mouse wheel on websites. Clicking on the page, just highlights the font. I really want to purchase this program, but not if I cant figure out how to keep the windows key and other programs function able. I also notice sometimes it enables caps lock.

Pfolsgrofb

Re: Voice Attack works well but other things dont...
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 03:36:27 PM »
Everything works fine when I close down the program though

Pfolsgrofb

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2017, 03:41:11 PM »
Seemed to have fixed my issue I think. I clicked on "active application" and It seems to work. I still get the random caps lock though. I have my mouse 4 button set to F11 which is set to allow me to give a command, and then stop listening till I press again. Idk if this is what it is.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »
This sounds like you are not releasing your shift key.  Make sure in your macro that stops the command that you are releasing the shift key and everything should work just fine.

The reason everything works when VA is shut down is because VA is making sure everything that is knows is pressed down is released.  Not sure about the caps lock key, unless you are telling VA to press the caps lock key in a macro.

Pfolsgrofb

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2017, 03:52:32 PM »
This sounds like you are not releasing your shift key.  Make sure in your macro that stops the command that you are releasing the shift key and everything should work just fine.

The reason everything works when VA is shut down is because VA is making sure everything that is knows is pressed down is released.  Not sure about the caps lock key, unless you are telling VA to press the caps lock key in a macro.

That is exactly what it was! Thank you! I reset it back to original, and now I will know I just have to press shift as well to get it to release, Unless you know of a way for me to keep the "Macro"/ Command. I use to to fly mostly for long distances so I don't have to keep Shift+W pressed. I have the program to just press them And When I press shift and W myself it stops me.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2017, 04:01:28 PM »
Something you can try... just shooting from the hip here:

Create a command called, 'stop' (or whatever you like)
Set a hotkey (when I press keys...) to, say, Alt + W (or any hotkey that you may like).  Make sure the option, 'Do not allow key to be passed through' is NOT checked.

The macro will look like this:
Release 'W'
Release 'Shift'

In this case, you can either say, 'stop' or you can hit Alt + W.

Pfolsgrofb

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2017, 11:41:08 AM »
This issue is solved!

The problem was that the command I made had the Shift+W pressed down, but never released them. Until I press them. So after pressing W, shift was still being pressed. Instead of making a STOP command like you mentioned, I just decided to press them when I wanna stop.  But thank you for helping me! :)