Author Topic: Voice attack plus virtual joystick - vJoy plugin issues  (Read 9381 times)

roswellguitar

Voice attack plus virtual joystick - vJoy plugin issues
« on: May 30, 2017, 09:41:17 AM »
Hello there,

Posting this thread to get some help.
I'm trying to use the vJoy plugin for voice attack, shown in this topic: http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=463.0
and i'm having trouble using it since yesterday's update of voice attack.
Indeed, when launching voice attack it seems that the plugin is not loaded properly.
I'm getting the message: "Plugin Initialization exception:  An item with the same key has already been added". I don't know if it's due of the last update or if i made a wrong move using voice attack.
Don't know if it's important but i'm using voice attack from steam.

Thanks in advance for your help, and i'm new to the forum, pardon my clumsiness if i'm posting at the wrong place.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Voice attack plus virtual joystick - vJoy plugin issues
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
Do you have any other plugins installed? Which files do you have in the "Apps" directory?

Do you have version V4 of the plugin?

roswellguitar

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2017, 12:24:02 PM »
No i uninstalled every plugins and have just this one. I have the 3 files as mentionned in the process to install it: VAJoystickOutput.dll , vJoyInterface.dll , vJoyInterfaceWrap.dll. I made sure they are in a folder in the apps folder (Apps\VAJoystickOutput_V4\my_plugin.dll).
And yes i downloaded the V4.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2017, 01:03:01 PM »
Have you updated vJoy lately?  They have changed some things up recently:

http://vjoystick.sourceforge.net/site/index.php/download-a-install/download

roswellguitar

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2017, 03:27:04 PM »
Eum yes i think so, i'm at ver 2.1.8.38

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2017, 08:11:37 PM »
On your options screen, what does the path show for the apps folder?  (General tab, at the bottom)

Does it correspond with the folder in which you have your plugins?

roswellguitar

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 06:37:00 AM »
Exactly the same. Plus i've tried installing bindEd and this works perfectly fine. Just having a problem with the vJoy plugin. Thanks for your patience and help, i apreciate that :)

Edit: Is there's a way from the steam version of voice attack to install older version? just to test if version 1.6.5 didn't create a problem with this pluggin for me?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 07:23:55 AM »
Is there's a way from the steam version of voice attack to install older version?
Not through Steam, as far as I'm aware. There is currently no rollback build for the Steam version linked in the v1.6.5 release post either.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 07:34:39 AM »
Yeah, unfortunately I do not have anything much earlier for Steam.  User, 'TerryDew' is using this plugin for his setup and says it is working well. 

Have you tried creating a brand new profile for use with the joystick plugin (you may have already said so, but I'm mobile at the moment ;)) ?

roswellguitar

« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:35:40 AM »
Yep i tried a bunch of stuff, like reinstall the program, reinstall vJoy, reinstall the plugin, create new profiles and stuffs... the problem seems to really come from the initialization of the plugin.
Is there's a way to have a log file or something more detailled, to see what the program is trying to do at launching?
I'm a bit disapointed with this :'( it was working perfectly fine last week..

EDIT: Ok i managed to fix the problem. I had two devices created in vJoy and they where "coliding" if i can say. I just delete one of them and recreated it. So it's fixed for now. Thanks for your help, it was not a big deal finally :D sorry for taking some of your time.

EDIT 2: So it seems the plugin can't handle 2 devices from vJoy, as they are coliding in some way, i'll just stick to one. Thanks again for your help
« Last Edit: May 31, 2017, 09:15:59 AM by roswellguitar »