Author Topic: Allow the use of tokens in the "When I say" field.  (Read 3309 times)

Woofington

Allow the use of tokens in the "When I say" field.
« on: September 30, 2017, 01:08:54 AM »
Since I often address my computer with my voice commands, either computer or EDI, it would be nice if I could tokenize this.  Then when I give my scripts to a friend, who wants to name his computer Newton, he can merely edit a single token. 

That way instead of having to change the command in each of the >200 commands where it says:

"[Good Afternoon;Hello; good evening; good morning; hey; hi; whats up] [Computer; Eedy]"

I could instead have all of my commands use  "{TXT:Label}" in place of "[Computer; Eedy]" and just initalize that token at profile load.

I realize this likely breaks the paradigm of having to load all of the derived commands into windows speech program, so perhaps this can be a profile setting to initalize tokens utlized in "when I say" to alleviate the runtime complications?

EDIT: Tokens in command phrases has been implemented, though still experimental
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:39:02 AM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Allow the use of tokens in the "When I say" field.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 03:16:38 AM »
I believe this request is for something similar to what you're asking.

Woofington

Re: Allow the use of tokens in the "When I say" field.
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
Ha so it is, looks like we are on the same wave length, plus your request is way more thought through, I'll try and close this thread if possible.