Author Topic: Cached Profile Command Phrases  (Read 3649 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Cached Profile Command Phrases
« on: February 14, 2017, 09:16:45 PM »
As it has been stated that a large amount of command phrase variations doesn't affect the speech recognition enough to be a problem, but does make for long load times, I'm wondering whether it's feasible to generate a file/database entry that caches all phrase variations for a profile.

This data would be generated when the profile is modified, and can then be loaded straight into the speech engine on subsequent profile loads without having to re-generate everything/anything. This would presumably also reduce VoiceAttack's startup time.

I'm greatly in favor of this feature request to selectively disable certain command phrases, but from what I can see(insofar I can actually understand the documentation) SAPI expects a non-dynamic set of parameters(because for any normal application you'd know beforehand which commands are required), so I don't know whether it's actually possible to disable/unload specific phrases without reloading/re-generating everything.
EDIT: Selective command disabling has been implemented

As the objective of that feature would also be to enable many phrase variations(though with the added benefit of possible disambiguating recognition of similar words/phrases), perhaps this request could provide an alternative of the other is not workable(or a performance benefit in general if it is).
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:59:28 AM by Pfeil »