Author Topic: How to use VoiceAttack with SPAD.neXt need help?  (Read 4888 times)

joepoway

How to use VoiceAttack with SPAD.neXt need help?
« on: February 14, 2017, 04:33:10 PM »
How do I get VoiceAttack to work with Spad.next?

I have both VA and Spad.next running with P3D and I use both with great success. I want to issue a voice command and have it execute an assignment I have given to a panel or joystick switch using Spad.next. These are not keyboard assignments but LVARs that have been assigned to various buttons or switches. I have been told this is possible but I am at a loss for where to find the instructions regarding how to setup the capability and then actually program it into an existing VA profile.

As an example how would I enable VA to turn on the Heading button on my Saitek panel that is already programmed via Spad.next to enable heading autopilot in P3D?

Joe

Forum Reply:

Have you had a look at the demo profile on this page?  https://www.spadnext.com/discover/how-to/connect-to-voiceattack.html

From what I've seen, as long as you have the LVAR you want, you name a decimal variable like that LVAR, give it the value you need, then activate the plugin using the "Execute an External Plugin Function" action with a "SetValue" context and put the LVAR name(which would now also be the decimal name within VoiceAttack) into the "Decimal Variables" field.

Joe's Reply:

I have done all this but I get an error message

"Unable to invoke plugin, plugin not valid for this version of voiceattack"

I'm using version 1.6.1.27 any idea why my Set Value commands aren't allowed?
I have tried various LVARS and none work. I have used simple ones like :  APUOn  and set it to 1

Joe