Author Topic: bindED Error - Root Element is Missing  (Read 6045 times)

Leftout

bindED Error - Root Element is Missing
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:26:59 PM »
Any help is appreciated.

I purchased and installed VA and the Orion Voice Pack.  I followed the instructions, even though they are related to ASTRA and I'm getting this message when VA loads the Profile.

Profile Loaded = Orion - Full House

- bindED Error - Root element is missing.
- Elite Dangerous VoiceAttack profile - (c)2017 HCS Voice Packs Ltd
- Profile startup : '((Profile initialisation))'
- Plugin 'bindED Plugin v1.0' initialized.
- Plugin 'HCS Voice Packs - Elite Dangerous Journal Reader v1.0 - for BA v1.5.14 +' initialized.
- HCS Elite Dangerous Journal Reader Initialized
- Plugin support enabled.

This is what VA is telling me.  I've tried some of the fixes that are listed on the internet and these forums but I don't want to make any more mistakes and possibly compound the issue. 

My system setup has the C: as an operating systems drive.  Voice attack is loaded on the separate drive along with ED.  The control bindings for ED are still located in the standard C: location that the plugin should be looking. 

Voice attack is recognizing the commands, W. Shattner is responding, but the game doesn't actually do anything.  I'm sure it has to do with the key bindings. 

Thanks for your time and any help would be great.

LigerXT5

Re: bindED Error - Root Element is Missing
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 07:03:47 PM »
I've had the same exact issue, and it's quit easy to resolve.

The bind app can not import a file, as it doesn't exist. Sounds strange, but it's true.
What you need to do is go into Elite Dangerous, open the keybindings, make a change, save, if need be revert it back and save again.
Close Elite and reload the profile (close voice attack, switch profiles, what ever). No need to re-import the profile.

To explain further as to why the keybindings file, what the bind app pulls the keybindings from, doesn't exist, it's due no changes, so no need to create a file, if all your controls are default. So by making a change, you're creating a custom set of keybindings.

If you read the readme, though it doesn't say anything about troubleshooting the bind app, if you watch the video it links to for setting keybindings to none-secondary keybind column, you will create a new custom keybind file, as I mentioned above.

This issue caused me a lot of issues until I realized it. I had to go to where the plugin refers to when I wanted to manually assign it a file, only to find the folder completely empty.

I hope this helps you, and many other people.

See you out in combat some time! www.twitch.tv/ligerxt5
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 07:08:25 PM by LigerXT5 »

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.