Author Topic: VoiceAttack Elite Dangerous VR EXE and Perameters  (Read 9059 times)

steverleonardjr

VoiceAttack Elite Dangerous VR EXE and Perameters
« on: August 10, 2016, 08:51:14 AM »
Im trying to set up Voice attack to work in Vive VR to execute Elite Dangerous Horizon in VR. That way I can start SteamVR put the helmet on and use voice to execute game and therefore not having to touch keyboard. Im not sure which executable to use and/or parameter. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. I am using Windows 10 and SteamBeta and steamBetaVR and newest VoiceAttack.

steverleonardjr

Re: VoiceAttack Elite Dangerous VR EXE and Perameters
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2016, 04:16:29 PM »
Bump, anyone, Hello, Please, Bump de bump bump.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 04:27:12 PM »

steverleonardjr

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2016, 07:23:53 AM »
Have you tried EDLaunch.exe /Steam /VR /EDH?

That was it thanks a lot for your help. I am starting to use VoiceAttack more and more with Vive.

LigerXT5

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 11:23:24 PM »
I know this post is a month old, but I figured I'd share my setup that is related to topic above. This is not perfect, and I'm still making changes, but does not fail for me thus far.

Please note: You will need to change where it points to for starting Steam, Steam VR, and Elite Dangerous.

Code: [Select]
Display window 'Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)' as [Normal]
Begin Text Compare : [{ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}] Equals 'Elite - Dangerous (CLIENT)'
    Say, 'Elite Dangerous Client is currently running at this time.'  (and wait until it completes)
    Write '[Blue] Elite Dangerous Is Detected.' to log
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Display window 'Elite Dangerous Launcher' as [Normal]
Begin Text Compare : [{ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}] Equals 'Elite Dangerous Launcher'
    Write '[Blue] Elite Dangerous Launcher Is Detected.' to log
    Say, 'Only the Elite Dangerous Launcher is running. Launching Elite Dangerous from launcher.'  (and wait until it completes)
    Press Enter key and hold for 0.1 seconds and release
    Say, 'Virtualizing into Elite Dangerous. Fly safe Commander.'  (and wait until it completes)
Display window 'Steam' as [Normal]
Pause 1 second
Begin Text Compare : [{ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}] Equals 'Steam'
    Write '[Blue] Steam Is Detected.' to log
    Execute command, '[Open;start;Launch] [Steam VR;Steam V R;V R]' (and wait until it completes)
    Say, 'Virtualizing into Elite Dangerous.'  (and wait until it completes)
    Run application 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe' -with parameters '-applaunch 359320 /EDH /steamid 441340 /VR'
    Pause 2 seconds
    Say, 'Fly safe Commander.'  (and wait until it completes)
    Pause 35 seconds
    Begin Text Compare : [{ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}] Does Not Equal 'Elite Dangerous Launcher'
        Write '[Orange] Elite Dangerous Client is not focused. Fixing...' to log
    Else
        Write '[Blue] Elite Dangerous Client is Focused.' to log
    End Condition
Else
    Write '[Red] Steam Is NOT Detected.' to log
    Execute command, '[Open;start;Launch] steam' (and wait until it completes)
    Display window 'Steam' as [Normal]
    Begin Text Compare : [{ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}] Equals 'Steam'
        Write '[Blue] Steam2 Is Detected.' to log
        Execute command, '[Quit;Stop;Exit;close] Steam [VR; V R;Virtual Reality]' (and wait until it completes)
        Say, 'Virtualizing into Elite Dangerous.'  (and wait until it completes)
        Run application 'E:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe' -with parameters '-applaunch 359320 /EDH /steamid 441340 /VR'
        Pause 2 seconds
        Say, 'Fly safe Commander.'  (and wait until it completes)
        Pause 35 seconds
        Begin Text Compare : [{ACTIVEWINDOWPROCESSNAME}] Does Not Equal 'Elite Dangerous Launcher'
            Write '[Orange] Elite Dangerous Client is not focused. Fixing...' to log
        Else
            Write '[Blue] Elite Dangerous Client is Focused.' to log
        End Condition
    Write '[Red] Steam2 Is NOT Detected.' to log
    Say, 'Steam not detected. Please diagnose.'  (and wait until it completes)
Say, 'I seem to have hit an error in the Starting Elite Dangerous at this point. Please take a look.'  (and wait until it completes)

Yes, a fair bit of diagnosing error messages if something doesn't work, but when it doesn't work, it's nice to track and follow the route.
I have attached the above, and a few other related steam, VR, and Elite commands. None of which interact with the game, just starting, stopping, and focusing windows, along with detecting what is and isn't running/focused on.
Yes, I use text to speech. Once I'm done setting things up, I'll replace the text to speech lines with voice/recordings. For now, enjoy female Jarvis knockoff. xD

GreyArea

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 04:16:31 PM »
Oh, what the hell, thought I'd share mine too...woefully incomplete, writing it for three reasons;

1. Love Elite Dangerous
2. Love Elite Dangerous in VR, but controls can be challenging
3. The pleasure of the learning curve with VA profiles.

Also basic voice lady...I taught her to say "Please Repeat". Regretting that one now...