Author Topic: [v1.6.1.23] Automatic profile switching remains active when profile is deleted  (Read 2522 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
When more than one profile has the "Enabled profile switching for the following windows" enabled, VoiceAttack will automatically switch between them(with some issues as well, mentioned later) as it should(I don't think this issue requires the switching option set to more than one profile, but it simplifies testing because you can just tab between windows to switch profiles).

However, if one of these profiles is deleted, VoiceAttack will still attempt to switch to it and show the "Profile automatically changed to" message in the log(with the nonexistent profile name), but because the profile no longer exists it instead switches to the first profile in the profile list.

Steps to replicate:
  • Create a disposable profile with the "Enabled profile switching for the following windows" enabled and set to a suitable window title(I used "*Notepad*")
  • If only one profile has the switching option enabled and set at this point, Create or modify another with said option(I used "*Computer*")
  • Test automatic profile switching by switching focus between the windows with the chosen titles
  • Note that the new profile doesn't actually gets switched to. If the second profile already had the option enabled, that does work
  • Restart VoiceAttack
  • Test automatic profile switching by switching focus between the windows with the chosen titles
  • Note that both profiles are now switched to correctly
  • Delete the disposable profile
  • Note that VoiceAttack reports switching to the deleted profile, but instead switches to the first profile in the profile list
  • Open the "Edit a Profile" window by clicking the button(doesn't matter which profile)
  • Click the "Done" button
  • Note that only the profile that still exists is now automatically switched to

The above is intended as a surefire way to replicate the issue, however as it appears to me that the triggers for updating the list of profiles to switch to aren't firing in all possible circumstances in which that option may be changed.

The fact that new profiles that have the option enabled don't get added to the switching list initially is a separate symptom, but I feel the root cause is likely the same, thus it's mentioned in the same topic.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:16:25 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Got it.  Good catch on that...  Also found that a newly-created profile's auto-switching was not turning on until after a restart of VA.

I put a build out in, 'unofficial' if you need it ;)

http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial