Author Topic: Only execute a game command when voice word(s) AND a key press is detected  (Read 3812 times)

xav2075

For VR I want to use voice attack to only execute a game command that is a key press when a defined voice command is heard AND a key press (that is not defined for use in the game) is detected.  How can I do this?

iceblast

Voice Trigger is ..........

Begin Device State Check :  Keyboard Key 'Ctrl' Is Pressed
    This is only activated when the CTRL key is hold down.
End Condition

So, if your not holding the CTRL key when you say the trigger phrase, nothing happens.

xav2075

Ah I have done this by going to Options > Hotkeys and setting 'Recognition Global Hotkey'.

iceblast

Hmm, I'm not sure you understand, or I do for that matter.

From what I read, you want to say a trigger, but also require a key press before the command is activated?

Vocal Trigger is say, Missiles Fire

Begin Device State Check :  Keyboard Key 'Ctrl' Is Pressed
    Press 1 key and hold for 0.06 seconds and release
End Condition

What I said was, you can say the command, but nothing will happen till you Hold down CTRL before you say the trigger.

Using just the Recognition Global Hotkey is just the same as having VA Listen On, and wouldn't seem to give you what you asked for.  A Vocal command, with also a key press before the command is triggered.

You can say, Missiles Fire, but if you weren't Holding CTRL down, nothing will happen.

If I read you right, that is what you asked for. If I misunderstood, explain....

xav2075

Using  Recognition Global Hotkey in 'push listen' mode I can see that the Listening Icon that is a headphone with micorphone image has a red 'not enabled' sign removed from it.  With CTRL key pressed I can then allow Voice Attack to recognize and trigger from set spoken word sequences.

So from your example if I press CTRL and then say 'Missiles Fire' (with those spoken words defined as a trigger) then Voice Attack will process the trigger and then fire a keyboard button press.  Which is what I want.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 06:41:06 PM by xav2075 »

iceblast

Right, and if you don't have CTRL hold down, it will do nothing when you say, Missile Fire. Because you don't have everything the command needs to be triggered.