Author Topic: unable to select anything in options window or edit profile window.  (Read 4647 times)

whitepony

As the title says. Install VA v1.6.1 installs fine. When I get to the main window and click options it won't allow me to click anything at all including cancel same with the edit profile screen. It opens but I can't click anything  The app doesn't report it isn't responding or anything similar..
I downloaded v 1.5.12 from the old versions thread and I can change options and create and edit profiles with no problems.

I'm on windows 7 64 and use no idea if it could be relevant but I use hdmi for sound and USB mic for recording device. (Both default device).

Is there anything that could be causing this?
Thanks.

whitepony

Re: unable to select anything in options window or edit profile window.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:42:43 PM »
As an update to this i have exactly the same issue with not being able to click anything in either the profile window or settings menu, including cancel. I'm also having constant crashing with 1.5.12 trying to do anything with variables.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 08:33:44 PM »
Do you have a "VoiceAttackFault.txt" file in your installation directory? If so, can you post the contents?

Are you running any software that tries to modify programs as they're running, like WindowBlinds?

whitepony

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 10:20:47 AM »
Hi. Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately there is no fault file in the directory.
I do not have window blinds or anything similar installed.
V1.6 (and the beta) allow me to click in the main window to edit profile or open options but then I cannot click any of the buttons.
1.5.12 works for a short time and then suddenly voice recognition hangs. The input monitor gets stuck at about 5% and VA no longer accepts voice commands or speaks text back to me. I can still use options and edit profiles etc.

I'm really at a loss here. I initially thought that it was due to something wrong when I was setting an integer that was previously "not set" using the checkbox in the wizard. Seems now that even simple commands are likely to reproduce the issue in my case. For example I have a command that is [landing;]gear which just presses the L key. Ran it about 6 times then just stopped responding to any input.

I'm considering doing a windows re-install to rule out my OS and/or any other programs but it seems a bit drastic at the moment.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2016, 10:27:52 AM »
You can try simulating a clean install:

Move the "%APPDATA%/VoiceAttack/" folder and its contents to a safe location(your desktop will do). The "VoiceAttack.dat" file is the main database that holds all your profile information, with the copies in the "Backup" subfolder holding previous iterations.

The settings for the application are kept in "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com\". This also contains your License information(if you have one), so if this is deleted you will need to re-enter it. Move this as well.

Starting VoiceAttack now should run it as a demo version with default settings.

whitepony

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 02:28:07 AM »
So i tried doing a clean install and it made no difference at all.
Doing a clean Windows install however seems to have solved all my problems.
Feel free to close this as a non issue.