Author Topic: [v1.6.1.8] {STATE_KEYSTATE:WIN}  (Read 2387 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[v1.6.1.8] {STATE_KEYSTATE:WIN}
« on: December 30, 2016, 04:17:32 PM »
qzdqdsdqszdd

Gary

• Administrator
Re: [v1.6.1.8] {STATE_KEYSTATE:WIN}
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2016, 04:23:59 PM »
qzdqdsdqszdd

I've always suspected you were part machine o_O

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: [v1.6.1.8] {STATE_KEYSTATE:WIN}
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 05:46:25 PM »

Yeah, sorry about that.

I've been having a problem with the "{STATE_KEYSTATE:WIN}" token, namely that it doesn't seem to register the physical key being released.
However, it occurs in a game that has weird keyboard issues to begin with(yay console ports), to the point where if I don't start VoiceAttack after the game's running keypresses aren't registered.

I was trying to replicate the issue with a looping command I use that presses "S" to drive backwards, but allows me to modulate the "throttle" using "CTRL" and "Shift":
Code: [Select]
Start Loop While : [{STATE_KEYSTATE:LWIN}] Equals '1'
    Write '[Purple] Winkey = {STATE_KEYSTATE:WIN}' to log
    Begin Text Compare : [{STATE_KEYSTATE:SHIFT}] Equals '1'
        Set decimal [CruiseControlInterval] value to 0,05
    Else If Text Compare : [{STATE_KEYSTATE:CTRL}] Equals '1'
        Set decimal [CruiseControlInterval] value to 0,011
    Else
        Set decimal [CruiseControlInterval] value to 0,021000
    End Condition
    Press down S key
    Pause a variable number of seconds [CruiseControlInterval]
    Release S key
    Begin Decimal Compare : [CruiseControlInterval] Equals 0,011
        Pause a variable number of seconds [CruiseControlInterval]
    End Condition
End Loop

I was considering creating a topic(for the nth time), so I was pressing random key combinations that I would use ingame to find out if it had something to do with that. Foolishly I was doing so while I had the "Start new topic" textbox selected.
I wasn't even aware I'd accidentally submitted the topic until you replied :-[

I'm hesitant to put the blame on VoiceAttack for the key getting stuck without solid evidence, but these observations do seem to point to that:
  • When it occurs, pressing the Windows key repeatedly does retrigger the command(it shows up in the log), but the token never shows the key as released
  • When VoiceAttack is closed and reopened, with the game still running, the command does not get triggered again, suggesting the key state within Windows does return to "Up" upon release
  • After restarting VoiceAttack, the command works as expected and doesn't get stuck again
  • I never get the Windows start menu popping up unexpectedly, so I'm hoping it's not a hardware malfunction
It happens sporadically, but often enough to be quite irritating.
Sadly it's always presented itself during online play, which doesn't allow me much experimentation as I'm forced to terminate VoiceAttack to continue playing; It keeps pressing "S", so it starts jumping around my desktop looking for items starting with "S". I usually have to resort to killing VoiceAttack through task manager, as a context menu won't stay open long enough.

This has happened for a few VoiceAttack versions now(of course I failed to note when it first occurred, that'd just be too easy ::)), but since I can't determine the exact conditions that trigger it, I'd not yet posted about it.

EDIT: I'm just gonna bin this one. I've had a myriad of issues with this one particular game, some entirely unrelated to VoiceAttack.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 07:47:02 PM by Pfeil »