Author Topic: Can you make VA execute commands on minimized windows without bringing focus?  (Read 3721 times)

jyashi

I use VA to do some tasks in a game window but at the same time would like to use the computer to do something else such as surf the web. Is it possible to execute commands to the game window while it is in the background while i use the web browser? So far everytime a command executes the game window pops up, but i want the command to quitely do its thing in the background while i do some other stuff on the computer. Is this possible?

If not one way i was thinking was to add a second screen to the PC and drag the game window to that screen and do my stuff in the original screen. Will that work?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
This isn't a limitation of VoiceAttack so much as it is a limitation of Windows. As the graphical user interface is designed, as the name implies, to interface with users, not programs, a window must be visible to interact with it when using input methods designed for human interfacing.

In other words, no, it is not possible. Unless the game offers an alternate method for input, VoiceAttack can only interact with it like a human would.

Even if you had a second monitor, any time VoiceAttack needs to interact with an application, that application will gain focus, meaning that while VoiceAttack is sending input to one application, you cannot send it to another.

iceblast

You would have to built all your commands with it switching between each window. VA can do this so fast though, that you barely notice it. I use to play Everquest, playing 3 characters on one computer. Using VA to jump from one copy to the next. It's pretty much instant.

So, you might not be able to control it without bring it to the foreground, but you can switch to the window so fast and back again, that it's almost as good.