Author Topic: TTS Selection Error  (Read 5576 times)

tervalas

TTS Selection Error
« on: November 25, 2016, 03:05:08 PM »
I've made sure the TTS voices installed on my Win10 system are able to be selected as the default TTS voice for Windows. However, when I choose one of those voices in VA and try to preview it I get a Speech Error popup window stating

Error processing speech output:
[Cannot set voice. No matching voice is installed or the voice was disabled.]

Not sure if this is a bug with VA, with Windows or if I am missing something.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: TTS Selection Error
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 09:56:56 AM »
Which TTS voices are you using? I seem to recall 32bit voices did not work because VoiceAttack is compiled as 64bit, but I'm not sure that's still an issue.

tervalas

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 10:00:04 AM »
That may be the issue. They are the free TTS voices that microsoft provides.

Makes sense though. When I set one of them as the default in Windows, VA still uses the included Zira voice as 'default'.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 10:05:15 AM »
VoiceAttack is compiled as a 32 bit executable.  Something to note is that voices that are labeled as mobile will not show up in the VoiceAttack list.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 10:22:12 AM »
VoiceAttack is compiled as a 32 bit executable.
Ah, indeed. It was a problem way back in 2014, when it was discussed on the old Google group.

tervalas

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 01:04:55 PM »
VoiceAttack is compiled as a 32 bit executable.  Something to note is that voices that are labeled as mobile will not show up in the VoiceAttack list.

Hmm, then maybe not the problem. The voices are listed in VA, I just get that error when selecting them.

I'll probably try the Ivona voices soon.

mikelimtw

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2016, 03:51:00 AM »
The Microsoft Mobile TTS voices show up in my VoiceAttack installation and they all work when selecting them for use. I'm running the latest version of Windows 10.

tervalas

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2016, 02:05:47 AM »
mikelimtw, the regularly supplied voices work. However, Microsoft also puts out a free set of other voices. Those were the ones I had an issue with. I don't mind the base voices so it isn't the biggest deal in my mind and is probably more an issue with the voice packages anyways. They were created for Windows 7 originally and just looking at their registry entries shows differences with the Windows 10 built-in voices.