Author Topic: "Phantom" commands?  (Read 5092 times)

Sebkoe

"Phantom" commands?
« on: December 22, 2016, 12:20:03 PM »
I have been dealing with an issue for the past month with voiceattack.  I voiceattack for Elite Dangerous and sometimes when I play, I get "phantom" commands.  The voice will say "all".  The voiceattack window has a green dot which says "recognized all". 

I have deleted voiceattack and reinstalled, but get the same problem.  It does not seem to be connected to my mic (I am using a HTC Vive with the earbuds) so there is no feedback from my speakers.

iceblast

Re: "Phantom" commands?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 12:32:36 PM »
Did you add the trigger word to your exclusions list? Under VA recognition menu? This is usually caused by your mic.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 12:57:00 PM »
There is some kind of bleed-over from your speakers to your microphone.  Whether that is from your speakers being too loud, your mic being too hot or from a hardware/driver issue, the speech engine is picking it up what it thinks is speech through the device it is listening on.  Additionally, if you have a command called, 'all' and your command weight is set high, you could cough and the speech engine would interpret it as, 'all'.  What is your command weight set at (its on the options screen)? 

On a side note, VoiceAttack wont just randomly execute commands on its own (like a 60s robot sputtering out of control lol).  It reacts to events (recognized speech, mouse clicks, keyboard and joystick button presses, subcommand execution, external execution (command line, plugin), etc.) and then executes a command based on those events.

Sebkoe

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 05:35:13 PM »
Thank you for the quick response.  I have not added any trigger words, but I suppose I could.  I just went ahead and lowered my command weight from 50 (I imagine the default) to 40 to see if that helps.  It's strange, some times I will play for hours with no strange executions and other times it starts popping every couple of minutes. 

I didn't think it was background noise or speakers because I don't have any speakers turned on, just the earbuds in my ear.  I have it execute the command even when I'm loading into the game, so I don't think it has to do with a keyboard, mouse or joystick button.

Again, thanks for the help.  I will see if lowering the weight makes a difference.

Sebkoe

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 10:01:06 AM »
Here's an update to my last post.  I lowered the command weight but that didn't help.  I pulled out one of my earbuds and listened.  The commands kept "popping" over and over again, no other sounds in the room or computer, I did not manually manipulate other devices (gamepad, mouse, keyboard) while this was going on.

So, I decided to go into the edit the command for "ALL".  I unchecked the box for the actual command (which was ALL, ALL Vehicles".  I played for a few hours since then, and had no problems.  I will find out if it is fixed in the next few play sessions.  I can only guess that there must be a driver or some sort of conflict that pops up intermittently.

Again, thanks for the help.  I love this program and it adds immensely to the emersion of Elite.