Author Topic: Having a issue with trigger keys.  (Read 2866 times)

iceblast

Having a issue with trigger keys.
« on: December 18, 2016, 01:50:05 AM »
If I setup a command, let's say, if you hit the Print Screen button, it will trigger this command.

But if I setup another command, and you have to hit a combo of keys, with Print Screen just being one of them, and you have both boxes checked, don't let pass through, and don't trigger till after all keys are released, it will still trigger just the single command that uses just Print Screen, along with this command.

Shouldn't the Print Screen command see, that it wasn't called, because of all the other keys also being used?

It's been getting harder to setup key combos, and I just tried a command with 3 different triggers, and I kept triggering other commands, that happened to be using the same keys. That made it clear to me, that there must be a problem.

Like CTRL + ALT will be trigger, If I use  CTRL + ALT + F9, and have both boxes check don't let pass through, and don't trigger till after all keys are released. Yet, it's triggering both commands. It's triggering all commands on it's path that happen to match before triggering the final command, instead of ruling all commands out, that don't perfectly match the key combo, like it should.

This has been happening for awhile, but, I just thought it was another program being quick on the draw or something, but this, it was a command only VA was using, and was being triggered. That's what made me see the problem.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Having a issue with trigger keys.
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:13:33 AM »
Passthrough has nothing to do with VoiceAttack detecting the keys, it's to prevent other programs from doing so.

To use on key in multiple combinations, you need to make sure the "Shortcut is invoked only when all keys are released" checkbox is checked for all the commands using this key as a trigger.

Also note that the "Do not allow key to be passed through" checkbox does not work for modifier keys(Ctrl, Alt, Shift, Win).

iceblast

Re: Having a issue with trigger keys.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 01:27:22 PM »
OK, I didn't realize it was important to commands you weren't trying to trigger as well. It seems to have fixed the problem.

Thanks again!