Author Topic: [v1.6.1.7] Dynamic command name silently failing  (Read 3262 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
[v1.6.1.7] Dynamic command name silently failing
« on: December 17, 2016, 06:02:38 AM »
When attempting to create a command named "Set altitude [3..7][5;0]00 [feet;];Desired Altitude [8..18],000 [feet;]", I could not get the speech engine to recognize it.

Now, I believe this to be because the command name never gets processed and added to the phrase list, but instead fails silently.

This is supported by the fact that when copying(Not "Copy To..."),  the command to another profile, the context menu will read "Paste 'Set altitude [3..7][5;0]00 [feet;];Desired Altitude [8..18],000 [feet;]'", but when actually pasted the command name is changed to "New Command"(or an iteration thereof).

Further evidence is that I did not get a command name warning when creating "Set altitude [3;4]000 feet", despite it conflicting with certain permutations of the above command.

It appears to be an issue with numbers built up out of multiple parts:
test of [10;20] Works fine
test of [1;2]0 Does not, "Unrecognized : 'Test of 20'"
test of [eight;ten][thousand;hundred] Works fine(so it's not a multipart issue if not numeric)
another test of [8;10][000;00] Does not, "Unrecognized : 'another test of 10,000'"

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: [v1.6.1.7] Dynamic command name silently failing
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 08:10:38 AM »
isn't it looking for seperate sounds there Pfeil?

1st one is looking for you to say "one zero" or "two zero"

2nd one is looking for you to say "eight zero zero zero" or "ten zero zero"

or am I missing something as per usual :D
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 08:15:48 AM »
Herp a derp, I really must be going senile. You're right, TheThingIs.

I guess this becomes a feature request then, in a way. Though I honestly don't understand why spaces are inserted automatically.

Okay, now, hear me out though. In the documentation it gives the numeric example of "eject car [1..100]" note the space between the regular and the dynamic section.

Above that however, it gives "[Hello;Greetings]computer" as an example, stating that "you can say, 'Hello computer' and 'Greetings computer' and the command will be executed", which gives some indication that spaces are inserted.

Yet, it's not stated explicitly that this will be done, and the second example would then contain an unnecessary space.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 08:23:49 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 09:24:02 AM »
Yeah...  there are two things going on that are not explicitly stated, and that is that spaces are added between dynamic phrases and extra spaces are removed (extra spaces are actually removed from all commands).  This is to just be a little helpful, and is in direct response to, 'Your $#|+ software doesn't work when i say, 'hello captain':
'[hello;hi;greetings]captain' or, '[hello;hi;greetings]   captain'. 

When more than one support request comes in to answer that question it beats out the occasional, 'why doesn't [1..10],000 feet' work ;)  I have it down to display dynamic commands expanded into the commands they become, but that is far down the list.  That might help when trying to figure out why a command doesn't work, plus allow for things like, '[micro;endo;tele;]scope' and the example you guys were working on.

ralf44

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 02:54:49 PM »
You could add a special character which is not currently in use to mean "no space"?