Author Topic: Edit two (or, more) profiles at the same time  (Read 2497 times)

shaneaus

Edit two (or, more) profiles at the same time
« on: June 12, 2019, 09:29:57 PM »
Apologies if this has been asked previously.  I tried to do a search - but, kept coming up with massive result returns.

If there isn't a way to edit multiple profiles at the same time - I would like to add this as a feature request.  I have eight Star Citizen profiles (EH, Custom, Turret, "on foot," "in vehicle," EVA, and a profile with the commands to switch profiles.

Mostly, this concerns EH and my being able to copy commands from EH to a custom profile.  It is very clunky/difficult to do this currently.  It would be much more convenient to just select Edit on the currently selected profile, then be able to switch the profile and select edit for a second one.  Then, edit in which ever window one selected and one could copy/paste commands from one profile to another much more easily.

Also, if I alter the EH profile command - but, keep it mostly the same - I can keep both profiles open and more easily observe the differences and address them.

I find it hard to believe this has not been requested previously.  So, if this has been answered please just point me in the correct direction and remove this post.

Thanks,
Shane

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Edit two (or, more) profiles at the same time
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 10:11:55 PM »
There is no method for editing multiple profiles at a time, however there are other methods to get commands from one profile into another:

If multiple profiles share an identical subset of commands, you can have those in a separate profile, and include them into the others.
This way, if you edit the shared profile, those changes will apply to all profiles that include it.

To include another profile into the currently active profile, click , click the "Options" button next to the profile name field, on the "General" tab click the "..." button next to "Include commands from other profiles :", click the "+" button, select the profile you want to include, click "OK", click "OK", click "OK", click "Apply" or "Done" to save.

If, on the other hand, you're copying commands to another profile because you're editing them to be unique to the target profile, you can either use the "Copy To..." entry in the command list's context menu (right-click a command in the "Edit a Profile" window) to copy over a single command to any profile, or you can use the profile exporting function to export certain commands (or the entire profile, if you prefer), then import those into the target profile using the "Import Commands" button at the bottom of the "Edit a Profile" window (at which point you can also choose to only import certain commands).