Author Topic: Default audio recording device detected.  (Read 3692 times)

bmwflyboy

Default audio recording device detected.
« on: December 05, 2016, 04:26:15 PM »
I get this message in the VA log when I have left my computer for a while. I usually lock my computer and am gone for an hour or more. When I come back VA won't respond and the "Default audio recording device detected." is in the log. I have to close VA and re-open it.

Is this normal? If it is, how do i make it stop doing that? If it is not, can you fix it?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 05:39:38 PM by bmwflyboy »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Default audio recording device detected.
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:46:46 PM »
Well... it's not normal, but what's going on is probably easy to explain.

Normally, if you are running VA and you unplug your microphone, VA will generally detect it.  Instead of just giving up, it hangs around and waits to see if you plug your headset back in or if you've changed to another device.  In your case, your mic is put to sleep by Windows and then VA no longer sees it.  Windows is probably presenting another device as your default device and VA is picking it up (which is why VA is not responding... its using another device for input).  I'm not sure what you can do other than you can try adding a hotkeyed command that has a switch audio device action in it.  Other -> Windows -> Change Audio Devices and select your microphone from the list.  Let us all know if that helps!