Author Topic: P3D / FSX Bridge  (Read 8819 times)

Nico1854

P3D / FSX Bridge
« on: December 07, 2016, 12:55:37 PM »
I have waited here arround expecting that someone would build a plugin to read (read only) informations from P3D but this did not happend.

So, I tried.... and managed to do it.

In fact, I export the information from P3D via a .lua with FSUIPC. Then, Iread the exported informations via a .dll VB plugin and insert them into P3D.

I have actually planned to use the following datas :

Values at begining of sim
Season: 0=Winter, 1=Spring, 2=Summer, 3=Fall
Type of Aircraft
Model of Aircraft

Values to update every second
Time of day indicator, 0=Dawn, 1=Day, 2=Dusk, 3=Night
0=airborne, 1=on ground
Ground speed
True air speed
Indicated air speed
Pitch angle
Bank angle
Vertical speed
Altitude
Pressure altitude
Engine 1 starter switch Jet/turbo: 0=Off, 1=Start, 2=Gen; Prop: 0=Off, 1=right, 2=Left, 3=Both, 4=Start
Engine 2 starter switch Jet/turbo: 0=Off, 1=Start, 2=Gen; Prop: 0=Off, 1=right, 2=Left, 3=Both, 4=Start

With these datas, I can initiate a taxi checklist when ground speed is over X, initiate a after takeoff checklist when not on ground anymore, receive calls for transition altitude, passing 10'000 feet, after landing and shutdown checklists.

I'm planning on uploading everything necessary so that everyone else can use it and why not improve it.

But, before doing so, are they other datas you would like to have in VA from P3D/FSX ?
If yes, what data and why (so that I understand what you whant to do with the data and can configure properly - Also because your idea could interest me for my own pluggin development).

So, feel free to feed this thread
Regards, Nicholas

bleehan

Re: P3D / FSX Bridge
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 08:27:34 PM »
SWEET!! Thank you for doing this. I was just trying to figure out how to do this tonight when I ran across your post.

Bruce L.

bleehan

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 08:29:02 PM »
Is there anything that can be added for Fuel on board, etc?

Nico1854

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2016, 05:57:33 AM »
This should be possible, at least for default aircrafts. If PMDG, not sure as for other things thex have there own way of doing things.

I'm actually rebuilding the pluggin because having a loop in FSUIPC to extract data is ok, but having another loop in VA seems a little bit heavy and crashes the VA pluggin after sometime.

If you want to, I can allready send you the files as they are, just let me know.

By the way, do you manage VB Scripting ? And if yes, have you got any experience with "FileSystemWatcher" ?

bleehan

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 06:38:08 PM »
That would be great! I can test it with P3D v3.4 and give some feedback. As for VB Scripting...about as close to that as I have come, is a little SQL Select experience at work. I have yet to delv into VB or Python, etc...I have no experience with FileSystemWatcher. I don't mind trying to learn a bit to see if I can help.

Nico1854

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2016, 11:46:18 PM »
Can you explain me what you need with the fuel quantity.

The way I'm going now is to extract data from P3D/FSX and setup triggers in the LUA file (FSUIPC), only the triggers are sent to VA.

Having VA looping always finished in crash so I'm now looking into update VA only once triggers are set.

Actually, I've managed to build the Taxi, Takeoff, Passing above transition altitude, above 10000 the back down below 10000, below transition altitude, after landing and on blocks. ll these triggers should be used by VA to initiate commands such as read checklists for example.

bleehan

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 12:28:41 PM »
Sure, what I was asking is if there is any way the fuel state data is available.

For example to create a response from a command such as "Say fuel remaining" and then it would read back a number in weight or volume.

Wasn't sure it would be possible. Not a showstopper at all.