Author Topic: Command stopped working with 1.6  (Read 7379 times)

Malvenue

Command stopped working with 1.6
« on: December 02, 2016, 09:07:55 AM »
This is a simple command to read out the time which worked just fine until 1.6 came out.  Now when I execute the command all I hear is "At the sound of the tone, the time will be" and no time is ever mentioned.  Apparently the command continues executing however because oftentimes VA will no longer be responsive and require a Task Manager cancellation.  Any help would be greatly appreciated:

Set integer [RandomSound] value as random from 1 to 2
Execute command, 'Silentcheck'
Begin Integer Compare : [RandomSound] Equals 1
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Ripley Galactic\KICS 4\Audio\KICS_TheTimeIsNow.mp3'  (and wait until it completes)
    Say, '{TIME}'
Else
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Ripley Galactic\KICS 4\Audio\KICS_AtTheSoundOfTheTone.mp3'  (and wait until it completes)
    Say, '{TIME}'  (and wait until it completes)
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Ripley Galactic\KICS 4\Audio\KICS_TimeTone.mp3'
End Condition

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Command stopped working with 1.6
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2016, 10:04:04 AM »
Without knowing what the command 'Silentcheck' does, I have not been able to reproduce this.

I made my own command (using the same setup as you have) and it worked fine for me.

Attached is how I set mine up (and yes, all 3 responses get played)

Malvenue

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2016, 04:48:58 PM »
I apologize, I should have included that command in my initial post.

Silentcheck:

Begin Boolean Compare : [Silentmode] Has Not Been Set
    Set Boolean [Silentmode] to False
End Condition
Begin Boolean Compare : [Silentmode] Equals True
    Play random sound (2 items)
End Condition

Malvenue

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »
I have tried removing the part of the say command that stops the macro until it completes but it still doesn't work.  In fact it appears to lock up VA or make it unstable and have to be Task manager cancelled now.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 09:20:17 PM »
Have you tried checking the box labeled, 'allow other commands to execute...' on the, 'Silent Check' command screen?
Noticed it was unchecked.

Malvenue

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2016, 09:15:39 PM »
Have you tried checking the box labeled, 'allow other commands to execute...' on the, 'Silent Check' command screen?
Noticed it was unchecked.
I did try that after you suggested it but the results were unchanged.  It's almost as if the Say {TIME} command is hosing VA.  I noticed that it "heard" things after I executed the command as VA was reporting in the log but any attempts to press the Stop Commands button or exit VA couldn't be pressed at all.

Malvenue

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2016, 10:25:41 AM »
I found the issue.

I knew the problem was somehow caused by the Say command but didn't' see anything obvious.  When I switched the voice from "default" to a specific choice such as "Microsoft Hazel" it started working once again.  For the record, Microsoft Hazel IS my default voice in Windows 10 although I had attempted to change it back to the Cortana voice after the anniversary update.  That attempt didn't work however as it appears Microsoft made changes in the anniversary update so you can't switch it to Cortana anymore.

tl;dr: It's working once I changed the Say command to use a specific voice instead of "default".