Author Topic: CR/LF not being stored properly for "Send text to file" action on export  (Read 3189 times)

omega9380

When exporting my profile as a VAP file, CR/LF are not being stored for the "Send text to file" action.

This is what my action should look like:

And this is what it looks like after an import:

The only CR/LF it seems to store is the last one in the box.  This pretty much sucks, cause now I have ~50 odd actions I have to go back thru and fix. 

When I checked the profile using Notepad++ with all characters enabled, it looks like the CR/LF codes are there, so it may be on import where they are being lost.

Here's a link to my profile: http://www.jeremyedwardkellogg.com/vaps/EDDI-Profile.vap

Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 02:48:56 PM by omega9380 »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: CR/LF not being stored properly for "Send text to file" action on export
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »
I am able to reproduce this.  I'll see what can be done about it.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »
That was a nice hidden gem in there.  I think I got this resolved, though.  The serializer was not escaping the new lines, so when the profile is imported, it didn't have anything to go by.  I've put a build out in the, 'unofficial' bin if you want to use it now and not wait for the next beta. 

That was a sneaky one.  Good catch tho... sorry it was at the expense of your commands o_O
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 09:15:20 PM by Gary »

omega9380

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2017, 06:16:56 AM »
Perfect, works great!  Now I dont have to edit 50+ commands.  Thanks!!!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2017, 08:59:13 AM »
Ok, cool.  Thanks for letting me know.  This will go into the beta.

Glad you didn't have to fall into all that tedium :)

omega9380

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2017, 10:24:11 AM »
Looks like I might have jumped the gun a little.  I went to modify one of my Write text to file actions and the text is still all bunched up with no carrige returns.  The strange part is, it writes the text with the CR/LF intact, IE the text in the file looks fine.  Not sure wazup with that!!

If I copy all the content from the "Write text to file" box and past it into Notepad, it formats fine, all CR/LF intact.  If I then copy that all back to VA, it pastes into the dialog without issue, and the CR/LFs are retained after clicking OK and reopening the action.

Because it is still writing the text to the file correctly, I won't have to go edit all of the actions I created, I'll do the copy/paste fix as I need to.  I did however want to make you aware of it.  Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:29:23 AM by omega9380 »