Author Topic: CLMControl issue  (Read 4102 times)

davidb63

CLMControl issue
« on: November 13, 2016, 12:55:58 PM »
Hey folks, not sure if this is the right place, so let me know.

I'm using CLMControl.exe to adjust media player volume, however  I notice  sometimes (seems random) it doesn't work.. I mean, when it stops working, I can open the Windows Volume Mixer and see the WMPlayer fader move when a command is issued, but until I click the fader with my mouse and move it.. there is no difference in actual volume.   Sometimes it works fine, but I'm having trouble determining how to make it fix it or even reproduce it.. it just seem work and then stop working.  Not specifically a VA question so much as a CLMControl one but wasn't able to see any way to ask the app creator from the web page.. https://commandlinemedia.codeplex.com   Hoping someone might have seen or solved this or maybe using a better way to control media player volume. 

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: CLMControl issue
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 01:59:44 PM »
If it's an issue with that particular application, you could try using NirCmd. It offers many features that can be useful when combined with VoiceAttack.

For Windows Media Player, you could call NirCmd with the parameter "changeappvolume wmplayer.exe 0.1" to raise the volume, or "changeappvolume wmplayer.exe -0.1" to lower it.

davidb63

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 02:56:36 PM »
Thanks!  I just tested it out.. works like a charm. Just have to play some Elite now to make sure it continues working :)

I appreciate the help!

davidb63

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2016, 07:48:45 AM »
Well.. played a few hours last night using nircmd.. no issues with volume changes.  Thanks for the tip!