Author Topic: How do I get VA to make a button press on a game controller?  (Read 7448 times)

Osprey101

How do I get VA to make a button press on a game controller?
« on: September 29, 2016, 01:16:46 AM »
I have a Saitek AV8R-01 joystick and a Logitech G13.
How do I get VoiceAttack to to make a button press on my joystick?

Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I get VA to make a button press on a game controller?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2016, 10:39:46 AM »
You can have VoiceAttack press buttons on a virtual joystick, more information about that here.

Pressing buttons on existing hardware devices is not possible(the manufacturer would have to include such an option in their driver). This is a limitation of the API, not VoiceAttack.

Osprey101

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2016, 06:58:31 PM »
That may not work. I want my secondary weapon button in Elite Dangerous to remain on the joystick I am using but I want VoiceAttack to trigger that secondary weapon button in addition to me being able to press it.
Elite Dangerous only allows a key press or a game controller button press, not both. I can only set one button or key to a game command and I need to be able to use that button my joystick.

In case you are wondering, when set to fire group 2, the secondary weapon is not a weapon, it's a scanner. When set to fire group 1, the secondary weapon is missiles.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2016, 07:45:42 PM »
You could reverse it: Map a keyboard key in Elite, make a VoiceAttack command to press it, and map your joystick button to trigger the command.

cmdrmcdonald

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2016, 03:07:28 AM »
Elite Dangerous only allows a key press or a game controller button press, not both.

Elite has primary and secondary binds for each control, so you can set a key press for primary and the controller press for secondary.

Malic

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2016, 05:18:03 AM »
I use a logitech G940, and using their gaming software, i have set up my HOTAS so the 4 way switch is the same as pressing the arrows keys on the keyboard. 

The trigger is also the select button in menus, but i have spacebar as a secondary button press for menu selection.

This way i can still select things manually when I want to, but also, because I use an oculus, I can also look toward the left hand screen for docking and say "docking request" and it is set to press spacebar, down, spacebar, to select the station, down to select request docking, and then spacebar again to select.