Author Topic: Default profile  (Read 800 times)

johnbla

Default profile
« on: August 02, 2024, 03:32:43 AM »
I have a number of profiles. Is there a way of designating one as the default profile so it opens when I start VA. Many thanks.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Default profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 03:34:32 AM »
Yes. Use the "Load Profile on Startup" option on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window.

johnbla

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2024, 03:43:17 AM »
Thanks, didn't see that. The wrench was hiding.

Hunt07

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2024, 10:34:05 AM »
My question is then after you selected a profile to load at startup, why do we get this?

"12:08:30.792 You have set LOAD PROFILE AT STARTUP to something.
12:08:30.792 This will stop your packs working properly
12:08:30.792 Please click the VA settings icon (the spanner/wrench) bottom right.
12:08:30.792 Then go to the GENERAL tab and change it to NONE.
12:08:30.792 It will remember the last profile you used when you next start VA"

How will setting a profile stop packs from working properly?
 I don't know about you guys, but I have multiple profiles that I "Switch" to using the "Switch profile" command. I just switch to the profile I want to use and I link this general profile to each Pack profile, so I can switch to any profile. I would suggest either, just doing away with the warning or place it at the load profile at startup option. I hate seeing the red squares on the VA UI, makes me feel like I did something wrong and VA will break, when it actually won't break.
My, I guess, real question is then why the warning and then why the option, if it would stop packs from working properly?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2024, 10:36:46 AM »
Those log messages are not generated by VoiceAttack itself. They are generated by the third-party HCS Voice Packs addon you have installed.

For more information on the behavior of their products, you'll want to contact them via their forum, or their Discord

Hunt07

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2024, 10:43:50 AM »
Ok, thanks, will ask them why.