Author Topic: Creating outputs in lower case  (Read 274 times)

Fish

Creating outputs in lower case
« on: August 31, 2024, 04:56:20 AM »
Hi all,
Using VR now, and connecting regularly to a server with a password. Created a commmand 'Password' to putput the characters, into the password box, but they are always 'CAPS'. How can I control the case of the keys output by Voice attack

Cheers.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Creating outputs in lower case
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 05:39:20 AM »
VoiceAttack uses standard Windows API methods to perform virtual keypresses. These should work just like your physical keyboard does, in the majority of applications.

That also means that normal output produces lowercase characters, as long as Shift isn't pressed down, and Caps Lock is off.

If you're using the "Quick Input" action, VoiceAttack will press the Shift key for you if needed to produce the character you've entered using the keyboard layout configured on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window, however it will not release the Shift key if it's already pressed (nor will it turn off Caps Lock; if that's on, the case of the input will be inverted).

I.E. make sure Shift isn't pressed, that Caps Lock is off, and if you're using the "Quick Input" action make sure the contents of that action's "Text" field are lowercase (or the case you want them to be in)

Fish

Re: Creating outputs in lower case
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2024, 06:29:12 AM »
That was it thanks. As usual, quick response.
Still my favourite software and support.  :)