Author Topic: Audio output same as win default not saved  (Read 3481 times)

terrydew

Audio output same as win default not saved
« on: October 13, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »
I am attempting to use Virtual Audio Cable to cause VA to output to my headset with all other sound going to my speakers. I setup a virtual cable and set that cable as the windows default playback device. I then tried to set the VA audio to the same cable but it will not save. If I click ok on the options window after selecting the vac and then reopen options it reverts back to the previous setting which was speakers even though the windows default is the vac?

Terry

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Audio output same as win default not saved
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2016, 01:39:04 PM »
You are not actually setting VoiceAttack to a device.  What you are doing is setting the Windows default device which VA will then use.  If the Windows default device is the VAC, you shouldn't have to do anything with VA, as it sends it's output to the default device.  Hoping one day VA will use something other than WMP components to play sound.

terrydew

Re: Audio output same as win default not saved
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2016, 01:51:09 PM »
You are not actually setting VoiceAttack to a device.  What you are doing is setting the Windows default device which VA will then use.  If the Windows default device is the VAC, you shouldn't have to do anything with VA, as it sends it's output to the default device.  Hoping one day VA will use something other than WMP components to play sound.

I just noticed that the windows volume mixer does show it using the correct device. Why wouldn't the options audio page show that also?
I am 1000% in favor of being able to select output in VA. I have hearing issues and having all sound in the headset just doesn't work for me. You should take donations to help with extra projects. :D

Terry