Author Topic: keyboard shortcuts On/Off button not working properly  (Read 4801 times)

Cananas

keyboard shortcuts On/Off button not working properly
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:50:29 AM »
Gary,

The 'inner' state of the Keyboard shortcuts button of the main screen is changed by mistake:

- Start VA (pre-release 1.5.12.11) with a profile that contains some keyboard shortcuts (e.g. if press e, press 9)
- Press the headphones icon to swtich the listening off. (this is important) if you don't put it off, all seem to work properly...
- Press the keyboard shortcuts button to switch them off. VA shows the message "keyboard shortcuts off"
- Open the notepad: if you press 'e' the notepad will register 'e': OK
- Press the wrench icon to open the VoiceAttack Options and press Accept to close the dialog.
- The keyboard shortcuts button continue showing that shortcuts are disabled.
- Back to notepad and press 'e'. Notepad will now register '9' instead of 'e': WRONG

Generally speaking, VA usually (not always) toggle the condition value of the keyboard shortcuts each time you click in the wrench icon and press the OK button...

Hope you can track this issue...
« Last Edit: September 07, 2016, 07:58:08 AM by Cananas »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: keyboard shortcuts On/Off button not working properly
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 09:17:47 AM »
I'll take a look at it.  Thanks for the heads-up!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2016, 05:09:31 PM »
Can you do me a big favor?  Can you try the latest beta:  http://www.voiceattack.com/beta

Work has been done in regards to the shortcuts and I'm not able to reproduce your fantastically-detailed steps on this end.

Thanks again!

Cananas

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 08:00:06 AM »
Tried with the 1.5.12.14:

- Start VA (pre-release 1.5.12.14) with a profile that contains some keyboard shortcuts (e.g. if press e, press 9) and both voice listening and keyboard shortcuts activated.
- Open the notepad: if you press 'e' the notepad will register '9': OK
- Press the keyboard shortcuts button to switch them off. VA shows the message "keyboard shortcuts off"
- Back to notepad and press 'e'. Notepad will now register 'e' instead of '9': OK

I tried this many times with success, but...

- Start VA (pre-release 1.5.12.14) with a profile that contains some keyboard shortcuts (e.g. if press e, press 9) and both voice listening and keyboard shortcuts activated.
- Open the notepad: if you press 'e' the notepad will register '9': OK
- Now, press the wrench icon to open the VoiceAttack Options and press Accept to close the dialog.
- Back to notepad and press 'e'. Notepad will register 'e', which is WRONG.
- Press again 'e', and notepad will register 'e'.

But thre is a momento when it seems that VA is trying to recognise any voice input or something like that because it takes its time, showing the blue circle icon when I put the mouse pointer over VA window.   During that time, I can continue pressing the 'e' key in the notepad, registering the 'e', which is wrong. Just after the VA stopped 'thinking', the next time I press the 'e' key, notepad will register '9e'. After that, if i press 'e', notepad come back to register forever 'e'.

Also, during the time VA is "thinking", sometimes Windows pops up the dialog asking you to close the program or wait until finish the action its doing.

It is strange, but this is the key for that bug. Even if I disable listening with the headphones icon, VA continues listening (which is correct), so I mute the mic.

With the mic mute, no matter the state of the headphone icon, I cannot reproduce the bug!!.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2016, 08:22:25 AM by Cananas »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 08:53:31 PM »
It's almost like you are stuck between states when using the options screen.  I'll dig around in there and see if something might cause a situation like that.  Right now, the speech engine stays active while options are open.  There's no reason for it to be off, yet there's no reason for it to be on, either.  I'll start with just stopping the speech engine while options are open.  Check the next beta for this one.

Do you have a very large profile, or a profile that generates a lot of dynamic commands by chance?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 10:45:02 PM »
I put a new beta out.  Not sure if it will fix your problem, but it may help.  If you decide to go with it, let me know how it goes.

http://www.voiceattack.com/beta

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2016, 09:02:40 PM »
Did this straighten anything out, Cananas?