Author Topic: VA Closing mid game  (Read 333 times)

pdavg

VA Closing mid game
« on: June 06, 2024, 02:20:31 PM »
Running VA with hsc packs and EDCopilet after about 5 mins VA closes with no warning.
See in forum this happend about 2019 . Is this the same problem?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA Closing mid game
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2024, 04:33:36 PM »
Hi, pdavg

What you'll want to do is take a look in your installation folder (usually C:\Program Files\VoiceAttack) and see if there is a VoiceAttackFault.txt in there.  If there is not a fault file in that folder, look in %APPDATA%\VoiceAttack.

If you locate that file, take a look at the last set of entries at the end, which will have a date close to when VoiceAttack had crashed.  See if that sheds any light on what might be going on.  If you are not able to make sense out of what you are reading, upload your fault file here and I'll take a look at it for you.

pdavg

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2024, 12:09:35 AM »
ok thank you I will have a look and post update here.

pdavg

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2024, 12:17:12 AM »
Ok had a look but have no idea where the error is other than
  at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
which means nothing to me. Would be very greatful if you could take a look for me.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2024, 12:28:04 AM »
The most relevant line would be the one above that:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack\HCS VoicePacks\HCSPlugin.log' because it is being used by another process.
I.E. the third-party HCS Voice Packs plugin is attempting to write to a file that's in use.

That is confirmed by
   at HCSPlugin.PubVars.RecordLog(String info)
   at HCSPlugin.PubVars.ShipLockerScan()

You'll want to contact HCS Voice Packs about that, via their forum, or their Discord.

Make sure to include the full exception text, I.E.
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack\HCS VoicePacks\HCSPlugin.log' because it is being used by another process.
   at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(String path, Boolean append, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append, Encoding encoding, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean checkHost)
   at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(String path, Boolean append)
   at System.IO.File.AppendText(String path)
   at HCSPlugin.PubVars.RecordLog(String info)
   at HCSPlugin.PubVars.ShipLockerScan()
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.OnChanged(FileSystemEventArgs e)
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

pdavg

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2024, 12:20:13 PM »
Thank youfor your help I will get onto them now.