Author Topic: Auto-Profile Switching - MSFS 2020, Aircraft Specific?  (Read 656 times)

slicker55

Auto-Profile Switching - MSFS 2020, Aircraft Specific?
« on: June 23, 2024, 02:51:25 AM »
Search didn't reveal any answers so hoping someone can help.
VA (v1.8.9 64-bit), custom 'aircraft specific' profiles, MSFS 2020
Is there any way to get the corresponding profile to automatically switch when a specific aircraft is loaded?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Auto-Profile Switching - MSFS 2020, Aircraft Specific?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2024, 03:04:30 AM »
Unless MSFS provides that information in its window title, not with the native automatic profile switching feature, no.

This user-created plugin does offer information on the current aircraft (though the livery is also included), through the "MSAgent.PlaneState.Title" variable it sets.

You'd need to write your own logic to poll that variable to monitor for changes and switch to the relevant profile.

Side note: the current full release version of VoiceAttack is v1.14

slicker55

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2024, 06:38:28 AM »
Thank you ... as always, very helpful, will start by updating VA to latest version (thanks for the prompt and the link) ... Which download would you recommend (zip or installer) please?
With zip version, do I unzip and copy/paste contents to overwrite files in VA original folder?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2024, 06:49:32 AM »
Unless you have a specific reason to use the zipped version, it's probably best to stick with the installer (I personally also just use the installer, for what that's worth).

slicker55

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2024, 06:59:48 AM »
Thanks, updated via installer ... all good ... now checking out the plugin, have posted on github

slicker55

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2024, 04:34:13 AM »
Downloaded the agent and managed to get VA to auto-load when MSFS starts up (not that hard to achieve) but can't figure out how to get a specific VA profile to load ...
I found the variable in the agent (aircraft & livery) and thought a good starting point for the aircraft name would be the Aircraft.cfg
However, this contains various references, experimented but couldn't find the correct title to use?
Maybe, this info is to be found elsewhere?
Same for livery name (any help would be appreciated)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2024, 05:11:37 AM »
The variable's value should be set by the plugin, while you're flying the aircraft ingame; is that not the case on your machine?

slicker55

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2024, 07:09:40 AM »
Oh, I bet it is and I will explore that suggestion ... pretty confident as a long-time user with VA in general ... it's just that I'm literally 'flying' into new territory with this idea ...

slicker55

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2024, 01:52:02 AM »
Tried hard but out of my depth and still very keen to get this working ... for those that can remember, this would be a simplified MSFS version of the excellent DCS plugin (Vaicom Pro by Hollywood_315)