Author Topic: background noise using webcam mic  (Read 554 times)

Apologia

background noise using webcam mic
« on: May 17, 2024, 02:10:37 AM »
hello I do online poker and the random table sounds of folding/calling/raising etc are interfering with the commands i think

seems like when the sounds on the tables happen, my mic picks up on them and blocks me from issuing a legitimate command bc maybe windows forces a delay between speech?  I set unrecognized confidence to 99 so the non-legit commands never show up but red X is there way too often apparently telling me it is still listening and reacting to these non-legit sounds i tried to block by setting 99 confidence

hope this makes sense.  I am using a webcam mic to do this and faced my pc speaker opposite direction and tried lowering the sounds but I kind of need the sounds to play poker.  Id like to keep trying any tricks before buying a gaming headset which I suppose would fix my issues (the headphones wouldnt pick up on the poker table/background noises)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: background noise using webcam mic
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2024, 02:20:15 AM »
That would be the nature of that type of microphone.

Using a (USB) headset is strongly recommended for speech recognition. Using speakers is strongly recommended against.

There is no setting to "block" unrecognized commands. The "Min Unrecognized Confidence Level" option, as the documentation notes, is solely used to exclude unrecognized command log entries.

The speech recognition system is designed to recognize speech. If you provide it input, it will process it and attempt recognition on that input.
If random sounds are getting mixed into the input, that will obviously inhibit the ability to recognize speech, just like people would have trouble hearing someone speak if there was an air horn going off in their ear.

Apologia

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2024, 02:29:49 AM »
makes sense, thanks

iceblast

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2024, 01:45:36 PM »
You can make a command like this.

Push to Talk, when you hold the button, it lowers your volume from your speakers, and gives you a quiet enough space to issue commands. Works great when using desktop speakers.

Code: [Select]
Set integer [Volume] value to the converted value of {STATE_SYSVOL}
Start Loop While :  Keyboard Key 'F22' Is Pressed
    Pause a variable number of seconds [0.1]
    Set default playback device volume to [4]
    Pause a variable number of seconds [0.1]
End Loop
Set default playback device volume to [{INT:Volume}]