Author Topic: Helldivers 2 - Repeat Arrow Commands not recognized  (Read 2227 times)

Shroud83

Helldivers 2 - Repeat Arrow Commands not recognized
« on: March 18, 2024, 10:40:59 AM »
Hello,
as the topic says, whenever I use a command that has a repeated arrow input (like Supply Drop is 2x Down + Up + Right) Voice Attack seems to have a hard time recognizing that and instead executes just a single input.
It instead always tries to execute Mortar Sentry Drop which starts with Down, too but follows up with an Up and Right input. There it gets stuck because the rest does not match up with Supply Drop.
Same issue with Orbital Precision Strike which is 2x Right and Up. It only recognizes one Right.
In both cases I just get stuck in the Stratagem Menu with nothing getting completed.
The commands occasionally work. But I have no clue why.
Other commands without repeated inputs work fine: Orbital Laser for example goes through just fine every time.

Word recognition is fine, too. The words I say are repeated back to me in the VA console.

I tried to change timing for the repeated inputs (values between 0,05s to 0,3s). Did not help.

Hope this can be fixed. I only have the Demo right now and was actually planning on getting the full version. But not if I cannot resolve this issue.

Happy to give further details on the topic.

Thx for any help in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Helldivers 2 - Repeat Arrow Commands not recognized
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2024, 10:44:04 AM »
This is an issue with that specific game, not VoiceAttack.

There are a number of user-created profiles here; perhaps those have already worked around what you're describing.

Shroud83

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2024, 10:59:05 AM »
Ah thx... will try to find an answer there.

Shroud83

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2024, 12:52:07 PM »
Found a work around myself. Just added an unrelated input into the sequence to avoid repeats. I post it here, just in case someone else has the same issue:

For example for Supply Drop I order VA to execute this sequence:
Up + 'a' (the letter) + Up + Down + Left
Just putting a random input (one that does not cancel the sequence of course) avoids the repeat and allows the command to go through.
I tested it with all the other stratagems I had issues with and it works. Just put the timer to 0.05s and the added input isn't noticable at all.