Author Topic: Play Sound everytime Suffix word ist listening  (Read 1904 times)

KillBill

Play Sound everytime Suffix word ist listening
« on: March 18, 2024, 05:24:57 PM »
Hey Guys,

I've been using VoiceAttack for a few hours and I could use some help.

I want VoiceAttack to play a sound every time I say a suffix word, so that I know VoiceAttack is listening, and play a tone when VoiceAttack stops listening. I'm not good at explaining because I'm not sure if it's even possible. I've only been using VoiceAttack for a few hours and I'm still trying out a few things

Here's an example of how I envision it:

Me: "Javis?" (Suffix Word)
Javis: "I'm listening. (Sound file created with AI)" (thats the sound i want to play)
Me: "I need an orbital strike at my position." (this is the command)
Javis: "Orbital strike incoming. (Sound file created with AI)"

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Play Sound everytime Suffix word ist listening
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 01:58:57 AM »
The prefix/suffix system allows the creation of a single command, out of two parts (I.E. one prefix and one suffix, both spoken as part of the same single phrase).

It has nothing to do with the conversational style of commands in your example.

If you want to require a "wake word" like "Javis", you could create a command with the "Make VoiceAttack Start Listening" action as the first action, and turn off (suspend) listening.

When speaking that command, the "Feature On Sound" (as configured on the "Audio" tab of the VoiceAttack options window) will play to indicate listening is enabled.

If you want to add a sound after that, you could add a "Play a Sound" action to the command, ideally preceded by a pause the length of the chosen "Feature On Sound", so the two don't overlap.

Alternatively you could set the "Feature On Sound" option to "Silence" to effectively disable that sound, however note that this would affect all other features using said sound, E.G. toggling keyboard shortcuts.

If you add the "Make VoiceAttack Stop Listening" action to the "I need an orbital strike at my position" command, the "Feature Off Sound" would play when that command is executed (you could add it at the bottom, again so it doesn't overlap with other sounds)

Both the "Feature On Sound" and "Feature Off Sound" can be overridden with a custom sound, as mentioned in the "For fun... maybe" section of the documentation.
Again noting that this would affect all features using those sounds.