Author Topic: VA says "Sound is muted!"  (Read 1994 times)

Zechubis

VA says "Sound is muted!"
« on: March 13, 2024, 05:00:44 PM »
Hey!
I set up VA the other day with a voice pack for Helldivers 2. First day it worked great, but then weird stuff started to happen.
When I give commands, the log window says it recognises the command but then states a yellow alert "Sound is muted". It then does not play the sound it's supposed to.
When looking in windows mixer (win11) it looks like VA is muted, the volume is at 1 and the whole slider is greyed out and cannot be interacted with.

I have tried everything I can think of, but to no avail.
What is it I'm missing? Why is VA getting muted and how do I stop it from happening?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA says "Sound is muted!"
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 05:39:34 PM »
"Sound is muted" is not something that natively emanates from VoiceAttack - that would be coming from the sound pack that you are using.  I'm going to assume it is from HCS, as they are the only ones that I know of that currently have packs out for that game.  You will want to get in touch with them and let them know what you are finding.  Their Discord server is over at https://discord.gg/W6srxpA  Chances are it's probably just a configuration that's gotten out of sorts.

Hope that helps!

Zechubis

Re: VA says "Sound is muted!"
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2024, 12:37:32 PM »
Thanks for the help, i will check with HCS!