Author Topic: Suspend and resume listening.  (Read 1988 times)

Sluggo

Suspend and resume listening.
« on: December 26, 2023, 02:48:24 AM »
How do I suspend listening by pressing and holding a throttle button and resume listening when I release it.

This is for in game communications. New to the forums. I have looked thru the manual and a lot of the advanced

features are over my head. Thanks for any help.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Suspend and resume listening.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 03:35:50 AM »
You don't need advanced features for that.

Make sure the joystick device (I.E. your throttle) is assigned to a joystick slot (under the "Joystick Options" button on the "General" tab of the VoiceAttack options window), then on the "Hotkeys" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click the ". . ." button next to "Joystick Button Recognition", check the "Enable joystick global buttons" option, press the relevant button on your device, choose the "VoiceAttack listens while buttons are down" "VoiceAttack stops listening while buttons are down" option, click "OK", click "OK".

Note that when this option is enabled, listening will automatically be suspended when VoiceAttack starts.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 11:53:26 AM by Pfeil »

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 11:52:12 AM »
Following the above steps should land you at the following menu, when you are setting your Joystick button under Hotkey Options, in the "Select Global Listening Joystick Button" window you can select the following option to enable a "Push-to-Mute" listening mode function where pressing this Joystick button will mute Listening in VoiceAttack while held down, and releasing the button will resume Listening:

Sluggo

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 04:32:12 PM »
That was really simple. Thanks. Is there a way to add a second throttle button with the same function? Right now I have a 4 second pause on the key press but would like a second button as press and release. The game is
Aces High. It has two communication channels, range and channel. Range is used most often and channel is used
for squad communications. Thanks again for your help and fast response.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM

Sluggo

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 03:03:52 AM »
Perfect. Great directions. Much appreciated..