Author Topic: Can't figure out how to get VoiceAttack to mute Chrome  (Read 1955 times)

Nostrildumbass

Can't figure out how to get VoiceAttack to mute Chrome
« on: November 29, 2023, 01:34:39 PM »
I'm trying to get VoiceAttack to mute Chrome in multiple different ways and none of them seem to work. I've tried using Mute, Volume Level 0, Toggle Mute, and targeting either the active window and making Chrome my active window, or *Chrome*, chrome.exe, etc. and neither of these work. Has anyone gotten this to work? It'd be really helpful in my use case as I play VR games and it would allow me to easily mute/unmute any video/music I'm playing.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Can't figure out how to get VoiceAttack to mute Chrome
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2023, 01:55:05 PM »
Not directly, however NirCmd is able to (note that this application is not affiliated with VoiceAttack).

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Run application 'C:\nircmd.exe' -with parameters 'muteappvolume chrome.exe 2'

More information on "muteappvolume"

Nostrildumbass

Re: Can't figure out how to get VoiceAttack to mute Chrome
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 02:12:57 PM »
Not directly, however NirCmd is able to (note that this application is not affiliated with VoiceAttack).

E.G.
Code: [Select]
Run application 'C:\nircmd.exe' -with parameters 'muteappvolume chrome.exe 2'

More information on "muteappvolume"

Appreciate the response; I did come across this solution on the forum and I am going with it but I kinda don't want yet another app for just this. What exactly prevents VoiceAttack from doing it fine on its own? In the Windows volume mixer, you can easily mute Chrome from there so I was under the impression that should facilitate it for VoiceAttack to do it easily.

Edit: I just tried it with NirCmd and it's actually still not working, even if I run it directly from my Run prompt, so I'm trying to figure out why. It doesn't open any sort of error or anything