Author Topic: Unable to browse for executable  (Read 1545 times)

gamesturbator

Unable to browse for executable
« on: November 08, 2023, 11:00:39 PM »
It simply isn't clicking keys even when the commands are clearly recognized. When I go to the bulk edit options I am trying to select a specific target, but there's no option to simply browse for the game's executable. There's just a limited list of apps and games. Do I need to paste the whole file explorer into the field? If so, the ability to browse would be a nice feature to be added later. See image. Sorry, I don't know how to resize the image here.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Unable to browse for executable
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2023, 11:11:25 PM »
Targeting can be performed either by window title, process name, or window class.

If your target application is running, and uses a standard window, it should appear in that list by its window title, provided the "Command Multi-Edit" window was opened while the application was already running.

The name of the process will normally be the same as that of the executable, and can be typed in manually. The location of the executable is irrelevant to targeting.
Note that the "Processes" tab of Windows task manager does not show process names. The "Details" tab does, though with a ".exe" suffix, which is not actually part of the process name.

However, under normal circumstances, sending input to the active window should work, as long as your target application actually has focus.
As mentioned in this topic, you may need to run VoiceAttack as administrator (though this is normally only required if the target application is running as administrator), or increase the duration keys are held down for before being released.

gamesturbator

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2023, 11:42:57 PM »
I ran the game, then opened the multipart editor, and selected it. However, if I reopen that editor it's not selected anymore. The word Update at the top isn't clickable.

Edit: i just noticed there's a global setting for profiles.

I am running VA as an Administrator as well. The reason I'm doing this is that it was not executing simple number key presses in the game itself, Hired Ops, perhaps due to some sort of anti-cheat. Which is ironic since I hardly ever play against a player that isn't cheating these days. Thanks. Do you ever sleep?  ;D

Anyway, until I actually told VA to use the targeted window it wasn't working. But works now. Thanks!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 11:58:41 PM »
The "Command Multi-Edit" window doesn't show what the current settings are, as different commands can have different settings. That is normal.

If you open one of the commands you made changes to for editing, the changes you made should be visible.

If you want all commands in a given profile to target a given application, use the profile-level "Send commands to this target:" option instead, as is mentioned in the "Application Focus (Process Target) Guide" section of the documentation, among others.

Note that if a target application does not allow for the use of input from applications like VoiceAttack, let alone actively prevent it, VoiceAttack should not be used with said application. Doing so endangers the future of VoiceAttack's development.